Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is everyone learning about this week?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

What's on the learning agenda?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM

We are starting co-op, so well be doing Greek Gods, Pressure/forces and anatomy.

BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Our book for the week is Green Eggs and Ham. We have a couple activities based around the book.

DS is continuing his study of seeds and DD is beginning her journey with Memoria Press Jr. Kindergarten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM

We're taking tomorrow off since dd's best friend (neighborhood gal) has the day off public school and will be spending it with us.

Tuesday - Friday... continue reading Caddie Woodlawn for literature, continue learning about the puritans in American history (a la Joy Hakim's series), neurology a la Ellen McHenry (we'll cover several chapters this week), revisit ratios and proportions/scaling figures in pre-algebra (she needs a bit more work on that), first draft on her essay (subject her choice), and I don't know grammar off the top of my head (do the next four chapters in Hake).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

This week, for the main subjects, ds (11, 6th grade) will be learning:

Shortcuts to divisibility with large numbers, More fraction work, and Ratio, Present & past tense of regular verbs (review),  Reading & mapwork on the old kingdom of Egypt, and all about the Golden Age of Science - Copernicus, Keppler, Galileo (1500AD-1660AD).

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Penguins, groundhog day (our library books are due back lol) & measurements
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Kitchen Chemistry.  My son has an oral presentation Tuesday on Iodine.  They are doing element boxes at co-op.  We are also working on our Great wall of China drawing and our study of China.  My sons are also taking a class on marine biology.  They are dissecting a shark this Thursday.  They are doing a creative writing class as well.  This Friday they are doing comic books.  I just got the book Built to last so we have reading up on ancient buildings and how they were constructed.  I love David Macaulay's books.  They are all excellent.  My oldest is currently reading some books on kinetic contraptions and radio controls cars.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Sounds good, ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaDearie
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Since DS is still in public school, DDs will be learning about similarities and differences. We are looking at the work of MLK Jr. and what makes people the same inside even if they look different inside (including a bit of science involving skin color). 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

That sounds like a good theme for today. 8)

Quoting MamaDearie:

Since DS is still in public school, DDs will be learning about similarities and differences. We are looking at the work of MLK Jr. and what makes people the same inside even if they look different inside (including a bit of science involving skin color). 

estop
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Planets we learning more detail about outer space.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)