Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

~**HEY EVERYONE!! IM NEW!!**~

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi there everyone!

My name is Jen, i am a 33 year old SAHM of 3. Caitlyn-13, Andrew-8 and Raegan-5. We dont do homeschooling persay..so i hope its ok i joined this group. We do schooling online at home thru the k12 program, which we absolutely love at this point. I do hope to transfer over to completely homeschooling someday, but because of laws,regualtions etc here in my state of Washington, i have to qualify first. 

Im excited to talk to other mommas who experience some the same day to day things i do having our babies at home learning. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask!

--Jen

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QueenCreole313
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Hi Jen! Welcome, I'm pretty new as well. (Still in the planning stage of homeschooling.) Everyone here is great!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I am Jen as well.  Welcome to the group.  I have two boys.  They are 9 and 10.  

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hi Jen! I have heard that regs are pretty high in Washington!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Welcome to the group!!

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Welcome Jen. I hope that you feel at home here & feel free to ask any & all questions. With all the different Moms on here we are sure to have an answer for almost everything!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Jenn. Welcome.  :) 

Here's a question for you.....

What's the best part of having your kids home with you?  :) 

romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Welcome Jenn   welcome to cafemom

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Welcome!

oredeb
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM

hi again jen!!

online schooling is just another way to homeschool and your very welcome here! im below you in oregon, wow i didnt realize your hs laws were like that, you have to qualify? qualify to do what? teach your own kids!hahahaha thats funny since you've been teaching them since birth!

oredeb
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

wow jen just looked at your law, thats not a good one!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)