Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The good, the bad, the ugly, the awesome...

Posted by   + Show Post
What are some of your thoughts on homeschooling? What do you like, dislike, love, hate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Replies (71-77):
coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I love that I can take them anywhere anytime b/c our schedule is so flexible.

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I dislike that somedays I have a child working for 8 hours, but she dawdled and lost her play time.

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I love that Daddy gets to be involved with education as well.  It isn't just Mommy doing it ALL.

oredeb
by debbie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

i love it that my kids dont have to follow the norm, they can think outside the box i guess you say!

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Isn't that how you come up with differnt solutions to the same problem.....PS kids certainly don't get to think outside that box.  They are all taught how to think the same and only one answer is the right answer.

My kids don't like fitting into that box and I love that about them.

Quoting oredeb:

i love it that my kids dont have to follow the norm, they can think outside the box i guess you say!

Wifeyy2Lette
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Lol that's what we say. :) he brings his blanket to me, throws it on me and says "momma, booba!"

Quoting Boobah:

We call nursing "Boobah". :)  Everyone always says "do you want your ba ba?" to babies.  Well, we don't have a bottle, so we say boobah. hehee

Quoting Wifeyy2Lette:

We haven't started yet but I love your sn!
I bf and ds has this blanket that he's had since he was born. It's his "booba" lol. His first words were "boob juice" because I'd ask him "you want boob juice?" Lol he shortened it to booba.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
placidic
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Dislike not knowing anyone else in our area who homeschools, or that when I contact the co-op, they keep sending me to the same person who is great, but I need more support.

Love knowing every single tiny thing my child is learning.

Hate when my child sits here tooting and stinks up the room. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)