Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The good, the bad, the ugly, the awesome...

Posted by   + Show Post
What are some of your thoughts on homeschooling? What do you like, dislike, love, hate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Sometimes I have to plan breaks for them - from each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MybabyKisses
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I love having my girls home with me all day, being able to wake up whenever we please (we are not morning people), watching them enjoy what we are learning.

I have only been homeschooling for 3 weeks so I am sure I will have more things to love and things to not like the longer we do this however I thing the positive will always outweigh the negatives.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I know the lunch isnt being thrown away because of lack of time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
No bullying...except from sisters. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
Nature walks are science
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I get to play games and it is math or reading
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Get to work at their pace
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MessedUpMama
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I love spending time with DS and DCG. I love that they get to see DH and DCG's Mom during the week, when DS was in public school he got to see his Dad a few minutes a day before school, maybe a couple of hours after school if DH happened to have a week day off, all afternoon and part of the evening when DH had a week-end day off. We get to spend more time with things they like or are having trouble with. We have time to do art projects all day if we want or take long walks around the neighborhood, or make up a game about stores or do a puppet show.

I don't so much like the bad days when DS has to argue aver every little thing. Or when DCG has an attitude a 16 year old would admire. Worrying that I'll miss something educationally wise that they should really know.

I like that we can take advantage of my Mom and the knowledge she has. I'm happy that I have a lot of support for doing this. The only one who is still unsure is my DH. He's afraid that I let the kids "get away" with not doing school work when they should, and that they are not learning enough "stuff they are supposed to learn at their ages".

I don't like that some people seem to think that homeschooling means that I have the time to just run off and do things for them or with them because "you can do that school stuff later, right?" I can sometimes do that, but I actually do have lessons planed and have certain things we need to get done during the week.

SparklingHope
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Love the whole world of learning opportunity is at your hands rather than in a "white classroom box"! 

SparklingHope
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM

The downfall? For us..it's not enough socialization. It's been hard to sign him up for recreation classes..but once we move to a better neighborhood (this year) it won't be so expensive / difficult. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN