Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Has anyone ever started a local homeschool group?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 3 Replies

I wonder how difficult it would be....

Our family blog:  beachbumacademy.blogspot.com

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I haven't personally but I know others that have. One friend of mine started one back 7 years ago & it is doing so well that she gave control of it to another homeschooling Mom because her Daughter is graduating this year & she won't be homeschooling her any more, so no reason to keep running a homeschooling group.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I did.  There was a large group in our area that over the years slowly became inactive.  I missed that, and now that I'm homeschooling all three, I really wanted something similiar.  So, I started a group on Facebook and invited everyone I knew of who homeschooled in the area. Word spread and I think we're up to 25 or so members.  We set up field trips once a month, have organized a speech group that meets once a month, and arranged for a weekly music class.  We dont all get together every month, but some of us do.  Otherwise we share ideas, curriculum, support, etc online.  It's also been nice to pass along things that are happening in the area, such as a new homeschool class affliated with 4H.

You can check us out on facebook if you want to.  It's a closed group, but I'll add you. 

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/basinhomeschoolers/

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM
No, but around me there are a ton!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)