Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you homeschool for religious reason?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you homeschool for religious reasons?

Options:

Yes

No

Partly

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

I heard someone say that the only people who homeschool, are those doing it for religious reasons, which I don't think is true (though we do homeschool partly for this reason).  So how about a poll!

Our family blog:  beachbumacademy.blogspot.com

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

When I first began home educating 20 years ago it was mainly because I just loved and missed them so very much while they were away.  I also hated the bullying and yes the lack of morality and religion in the schools.  But mainly I just MISSED THEM so very much!  The very week I learned of home education I yanked them out!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Our religious beliefs are one of the many reasons we homeschool. There are so many reasons that we homeschool...I often find myself at a loss when people ask us why.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Religion had zero factor in our decision to homeschool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birthymom4
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM
We are Atheist, so obviously we don't.
coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:36 PM

It is "a" reason, but not the ONLY reason.  I want to be there for my children in all aspects of children's lives and I can't do that if they are in a BM school all day 5 days a week.

GodFavored
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No not really, we do spend some time in devotion.  But mainly the school system has failed my baby.  He does have a learning disability.  He can learn, but they don't have the resources and time to handle children like him.  They rather put him in a life skills class and give him hardly no push at all.

PinkActivist
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:41 PM

This. exactly. I am not religious at all, however, I know what goes on inside our public schools, no thank you.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I am not religious. I'm doing it for academic reasons

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Quoting rsrangel:

I heard someone say that the only people who homeschool, are those doing it for religious reasons, which I don't think is true (though we do homeschool partly for this reason).  So how about a poll!

Not only have I heard this countless times I've heard that non-Christians wouldn't homeschool because they obviously don't care enough about their children to teach them about God, so why would they care to teach them anything else.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM
3 moms liked this

We're doing it soley for academic and social reasons...and what I mean by social - I'm tired of my daughter being picked on because as a parent I have done my due diliagence to teach it is wrong to pick on others because of differences and I don't want my kids learning horribly potty mouth and wanting to dress like a slut before 5th grade because "that's what's in". ...if that what socialization is to be in schools these days (which is what it turned out to be by me) then I would rather have "unsocialized" kids who socialize with adults and other mature children of various ages that were also taught to be respectful (sorry for the rant...I was horribly offended with this topic earlier this week already and is still stinging a little)

oredeb
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:12 PM

hahahah 20 years ago i think a lot of homeschoolers were doing it for religious reasons, but not anymore!!!hahahahahahah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)