Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

We Lost our groove! ahhh!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 9 Replies
We have had the hardest time getting back into the swing of things since Christmas. Seems like everything happened at once, and now I feel lost!
I am usually pretty organized with school and know what is next and what we are doing. We hit some snags with a couple subjects and I decided to back off a little. Now I am not sure where to start! Gah!

Anyone else having issues getting their feet under them again?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM
We have too, so I am making it a light week this week, doing some planning and preparing this weekend and starting back full rhythm on monday :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheila5745
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I am so glad to see I am not the only one. I am having a hard time concentration on anything right now. Haven't been feeling good last couple of days. But school has to continue, but where?

confused

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I've redone our school schedule four times since the start of the year.  I think we are FINALLY getting back in to things.

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM

We are back on track....Mom is the one having the difficult time with the prepping of the folders each night and making sure that both kids have what they need for the next day.  We added a 2nd child to the HS mix on 01/07 with an actual curriculum.  Before she was working on what she wanted when she wanted.  LOL

I am getting there and we are in our 3rd week back and it is still a challange.

JuicyRedTomato
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM

This week has already started out tough. Seems like we can't get anything done. I think spring fever has come early. Perhaps this is the universe telling me to make it a light week...

LovemyQ
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM

We lose our groove after lunch everyday, lol.  Good luck.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM

We kind of lost our groove also , I'm going to do a little planning and research over the weekend and start off fresh Monday  hopefully I can get my butt in gear and get my kiddos groove back:)

oredeb
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM

awww lyndsay!! praying  you find your groove again and soon!! maybe change when you do your subjects, switch em around a bit!!!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:24 PM

we can't seem to get back into it either. it's so frustrating for me and when I get frustrated I want to give up. I haven't entirely, we still do math and science and sometimes language arts but all the fun stuff has been dropped... we're starting to fall behind in almost every subject which of course is more frustrating and the downward spiral continues. it doesn't help that we had to start math spelling and history from the beginning and its taking just as long to get through it as it did the first time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)