Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is your weather like??

Posted by   + Show Post

It is FREEZING here.  I think the high temp today is suppose to be -5.  BRRR....... Some schools in our area are being closed due to the weather.  My kids are so stir crazy b/c they're stuck inside.  LOL!  I thinks we're going to get out some board games this afternoon.

Is it too cold to go out?

What are you doing to stay busy inside?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM

cold and windy making it feel even colder, but I'm not complaining too loudly because I know my parents are even more cold 

swim-mom72
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Texas was clear skies and 70 degrees today : )

BramblePatch
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM
We bad that below zero weather finally end last week after about a week of it. With windchill, we had days that were -22 to -30. Its finally hitting high 20's and its been sunny....practically tank top weather, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM
So cold!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RatherBeReading
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM

It was about 58 today....which might as well be freezing in my book, lol. I get cold so easily. 

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Our weather has been changing almst every day or so. Some days in the 40-50s and others in the lower 30s. We try to get out on the warm days.
MessedUpMama
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:43 AM

We were having freezing weather for the last week or so. All the kids and my DH really wanted snow, but once the clouds came in it warmed right up. It might get down to freezing over night, but our day time temps are mid 40's predicted for at least the next week. It rained today, for the first time in a while. I don't expect that we will see any snow this year, but February has fooled me before so we will see.

MaySheWillStay
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:28 AM

40s and cloudly/rainy on and off, all week. It was in the 30s last week but we seem to be out of that now.

We can't stay in because of cold or rain, that's just part and parcel of living in Western WA. If we did that, we'd live inside and be very unhappy!

That said, we can't be outside all day every day. We've been doing lots of crafts, playing new games (board, video, puzzle book games, all kinds) and we've ploughed through the first 2 Harry Potter books this week. We read the first one together about 2 years ago but she wasn't into it, now she can't devour them fast enough! I'm reading along with her and re-discovering the magic too.

She's been working with some cool science kits too. The little cheapie solar robot kits are so worth it. We made the cricket one... which our indoor cats thought was great hunting practice and promptly killed, but that's okay. Starting a crystal growing experiment kit this week.

In the morning we're off to the science center, no specific destination, just going to see what's new. And if that fails to amuse, maybe a stop at the trusty aquarium.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:37 AM
It's 8 here this morning. Supposed to hit the teens, yay! We've been inside basically since Sunday when the temp plummeted. If we really see the 20s this weekend, we may venture out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:39 AM
It's 20 degrees now (MD) and I thought this was freezing until I read your post.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)