Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Venting.....

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm VERY upset today!

frustrated

We began our morning with our morning Bible reading and devo. My son didn't want to begin any subjects! 

Does anyone struggle with this sort of issue, what did ya do? How did you change the issue?

My son is a 6th grader and 12yrs. old. Thank you so very much for your advise!! hugs

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cjsmom1
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes. Ds usually comes around, he's 7. Plus he must stay at his school desk until he does the work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah. Puberty. Feel your pain (11 yo dd).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

oredeb
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM
4 moms liked this

hi IIcor, you might not like my answer! but if one of the kids is just being stubborn (not feeling bad, not sick,or anything) and not doing what i say, they get a spanking, it just seems to change their minds! but thats not the popular thing to do i know! hahaha

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I change what we are working on.  If that doesn't work she sits at the table with nothing to do, just like if she wont eat the dinner I make.  That still doesn't work, she runs around the house twice.  IF that doesn't work, she cleans.  NOW if that doesn't work I'm out of options because she usually starts her work after that.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM

At that age it could be hormonal, boys go through puberty hormones just as bad as girls do! So remember when you where that age & how much you want others to be sympathetic to you & your emotions/hormones. It is time to give some of that back & maybe let him have a "mental health day".

sheila5745
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I agree with this to a point, I give in like that and then it comes back to bite me in the...... 

Quoting usmom3:

At that age it could be hormonal, boys go through puberty hormones just as bad as girls do! So remember when you where that age & how much you want others to be sympathetic to you & your emotions/hormones. It is time to give some of that back & maybe let him have a "mental health day".

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I think that I agree with this....

Especially if there are NO underlying reasons for them acting out. Bad behavior is still bad behavior and that shouldn't be allowed to happen. As a general rule.  BUT, Sometimes, you just gotta go with the flow.  Sometimes too, a child will just get into a nasty routine of pushing your buttons and really don't know whay anymore.  That's when you have to have a change of scenery or a change in action. Do something out of the ordinary.  Like jumping on one foot for several minutes and then changing to the other foot to do some more one-footed hopping. With you doing that with him, he will soon forget why he was being conrary in the first place.  lol  :)   

Quoting oredeb:

hi IIcor, you might not like my answer! but if one of the kids is just being stubborn (not feeling bad, not sick,or anything) and not doing what i say, they get a spanking, it just seems to change their minds! but thats not the popular thing to do i know! hahaha

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN