Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Dilemma

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

So, I am in the process of starting my homeschool for my son. But, I have a full-time 9-5 (sometimes 9-6) job that I truly love. I want to work part-time if possible, but I do not see that happening. Should I homeschool around my full-time job or try to find a new job maybe working 3-11? 

ANY IDEAS?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this

You should do what is right for your family.  In my opinion, you should first try out the situation as is. Find out if you can make that work. Then, if you find that it does, no further need to change, unless you choose to.  Also, if you find that you aren't able to fully accomplish what you set out as your goals, then yes, I would make a change to fit those goals more closely. But only you can make that determination. 

LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I would give it a try at the job you have now, if it doesn't work very well I would look for another job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I would homeschool around your job you have. Do you have someone to be with your son while you are at work that can take him on field trips, to the library, park days homeschool classes or other activitiesthat might happen at the times you are working? unfortunately most of the really good homeschool activities happen Mon-Fri during the time you are at work, so if you didn't have someone that could take him he would miss getting to do some of those things.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I would try it with the job you have now and see how it goes.  You can always adjust your schedule later if you need to.

QueenCreole313
by Julia on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Thank you!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)