Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

hello

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
How is everyone day is going? How is school today? What are you working on today in school? What projects are you doing today? We are working Martin Luther King Jr. for History. Science we work on matter we did projects solids liquid gas forms toast.reading book of choice for 20 minutes. Answer questions language art predicate and subject. Math working on area triangles with formales. Writing we had open writing and talked about topic sentences. Reveiw vocabualy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Today is going well. Getting ready to wrap up our lunch break.

This morning dd11 started an essay from an outline she wrote yesterday (from her neurology text). Next we'll work on math (scientific notation), science (brain research), and history (American - the puritans). We're skipping grammar today because her ballet class meets at 4 instead of 4:30, so we need to wrap up.

The 3 year old is working on his hard consonant sounds and adding/subtracting with teddy bear counters. He is also building "super castles" with his blocks. Lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

So far our day is going OK.  We played french bingo.  The kids did some reading and computer work.  They also did some research on ocean creatures and then they wrote a story together with the title "If there was an Octopus in our house."  :)

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Quoting irvinehiker:

So far our day is going OK.  We played french bingo.  The kids did some reading and computer work.  They also did some research on ocean creatures and then they wrote a story together with the title "If there was an Octopus in our house."  :)

Did you get the Octopus out or is there a part two?French bingo where did you get that from internet sound interesting or did you make it up? Wr played bingo with adjectives adverbs nouns pronouns

faeriemom1972
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Uh, we built a lego fort and battled "creepers". Now we are watching Garfield and Friends and eating cocoa pebbles. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Our day has been sort of lazy and I am not too sure how much school has been done. But, Its all good as we have been having some really great schools days lately. :) 

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Quoting kirbymom:

Our day has been sort of lazy and I am not too sure how much school has been done. But, Its all good as we have been having some really great schools days lately. :) 

That is our friday the whole day we wake up later do not start school til almost 9 am and they enjoy and everything that day is projects singing and dancing make up day no home work weekend they love it.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

These are things that memories are made of!!!  :)  

Quoting motheroffour186:

Quoting kirbymom:

That is our friday the whole day we wake up later do not start school til almost 9 am and they enjoy and everything that day is projects singing and dancing make up day no home work weekend they love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)