Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's for dinner tonight??

Posted by   + Show Post

I love when this question gets posted!  You girls have given me so many great meal ideas!  So what is it tonight?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM

It has been decided to have Chicken & Dumplings because 2 of the 3 children are sick!

jmp1279
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM

fried pheasant and scalloped potatoes

BramblePatch
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM
He is loving it! There are only two other boys in his class, so they are getting lots of one on one.

Quoting irvinehiker:

We do this on busy nights too!   How is gymnastics going?

Quoting BramblePatch:

It was a mis-mash night. DS had a PB and J and carrots before gymnastics, DD had chicken, bell peppers, and strawberries when grandma babysat her, and I had a chicken sandwich when I got home with the kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaySheWillStay
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM

We had carbonara. Yum yum!

"There is something undeveloped about parents who demand respect. Obviously, they have failed to inspire love in their children, and so they demand an inferior substitute. Parents who are really fair and square with their children do not require repsect. If you want to be respected by your child, act in such a manner that the respect comes naturally - which means deservedly - and not because your child fears reprisal." - A.S. Neill

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I love the quot in your siggy!

Quoting MaySheWillStay:

"There is something undeveloped about parents who demand respect. Obviously, they have failed to inspire love in their children, and so they demand an inferior substitute. Parents who are really fair and square with their children do not require repsect. If you want to be respected by your child, act in such a manner that the respect comes naturally - which means deservedly - and not because your child fears reprisal." - A.S. Neill

MaySheWillStay
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM

:) Me too. I just finished re-reading "Summerhill", I couldn't help myself but to quote the master himself when I found this gem in the wilds of cyberspace.

Quoting usmom3:

I love the quot in your siggy!

Quoting MaySheWillStay:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Last night was lunchmeat sandwiches. Tonight is pizza movie night!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Sounds sooooooo good right now!  Do you ever just have to have it in a cup and drink it straight down > soup that is.  lol 

Quoting irvinehiker:

This time of the year we love hot soup and sandwiches.  Our favorite is tortellini soup.  :)

Quoting kirbymom:

I think we will be having hot soup. We have been craving soup lately. :)   We have had homemade potato soup, homemade chicken tomato soup and homemade chicken w/rice & potatos soup.  And boy have they hit the spot too!  :) 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Lol, it's 9:24 am, I have no idea! I think we are going to have pork chops, maybe with couscous and veggies, but I'm not sure yet.

swim-mom72
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quoting irvinehiker:

**whispers** it's sauce from a jar lol!  I've tried making my own and failed.  If anybody has a good recipe, please share it with me.  I usually brown my meat and add fresh garlic and onion,and a little italian seasoning than add the sauce and let it simmer while I boil the pasta.

Quoting swim-mom72:

I think speghetti sounds good irvinehiker!! So we will have that for dinner. Do you make your own sauce? Is it meat sauce or plain?

No need to whisper!! lol I use the cheap Hunt's brand in a can, not because of the price but because it is the best. I add brown sugar, oregano, dried onions, black pepper and garlic to mine. Sometimes I add salsa for an extra kick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)