Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Doctors appointment today

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Well....the Doctor obviously is NOT a fan of homeschooling but he had to admit DD has made significant improvements in her fine motor skills and that she is very bright. I could see the lecture coming but I gave him a look and he bit his tongue, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Good thing he is only supposed to help you with her health & not her education then!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:32 AM
LOL...good for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Why on earth would he care how you educate your child? Glad she is improving!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandae21
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM

In the last year, my attitude toward pediatricians is "necessary evil."

I wish my DD's insurance covered naturopathy.

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I am glad that you can give the look and they leave it alone.  Our ped knows us personally....I worked for her a million years ago.  She knows that I don't make any decisions on a whim.  She talks to my kids about their friends and what they are learning and what they do for extracuricular activities.  She sees that my kids are healthy, bright and not lacking for socialization.

oredeb
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

sometimes doctors think they are gods!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Good for you! I've found the older my kids get the less my DR supports HS. When they were pre-k the doc loved the idea..go figure.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM

So wonderful that your daughter is improving.  :)   

Did you know that the doctors are supposed to ask personal questions about your and your family and your home? They are also supposed to report what they feel is suspicious as well.  They won't tell you this out right. You have to push to get this information.  

If you have any kind of confidence or arrogance, you should look them in the face and tell them....

But of course she has improved, since being educated at home! Why would you think otherwise? Have you seen the kids in public school lately?  ......

Then just shut up and let them stew.  They will not ask any more questions after that. ( been there, done that. ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)