Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Who has something fun planned for today or maybe even the weekend?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are going to see Dr. Dolittle at our local Rep theatre.  My kids are super excited and then we will go to lunch and come home to just have a pretty relaxing day.....except that Mommy has to work once we get home.

Tomorrow we are going skating like we do every Saturday and have to be there super early and Sunday we have been invited to a picnic.

Anyone got anything fun going on today or over the weekend?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Big pinewood derby event for my two younger ones... my 11 year old has been grounded more than she hasn't so, she lost the chance to participate...  bummer for her.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Saturday morning will be the pinewood derby for ds' cubscouts.

faeriemom1972
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Tomorrow Sunday we are taking our son to see Phineas and Ferb live. Lol, I just don't know if my son will be able to handle a show of such high artistic and dramatic caliber :)

faeriemom1972
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Blech, my lungs crapped out on me a while ago so I have to use supplemental oxygen all the time. I'm usually hibernating at this time as well, but it's been strangely warm here this season :/ Please give your eldest my commiserations :)

Quoting KickButtMama:

It's too cold to leave the house much, especially for my eldest who has asthma. So I'll be planning what to do for our co-op classes this weekend, and I'm crocheting a large doily for my step-mother, and I haven't done much on it this month, so I'll probably work on it as well.

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Nothing much at all. We are so very broke..lol. I can't wait for our tax money to come in....

I will be working on the getting the rest of tne kids' chool stuff ready. I am trying to get everything printed out and in folders according to lesson numbers since I
am looking for a part-time job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like so much fun!!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

The boys are planning to play in the snow today if it goes above 10 degrees. We're going to make smores in the fireplace, build a cushion fort, read scary stories in our fort, bake cookies, and maybe watch a movie. Pizza for supper!
It's a day off and we are very excited!

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM

It is nice that they seem to like to do for others!!  I hope they enjoy themselves.

Quoting kirbymom:

Well, we are a weird family . My boys think that shoveling snow for the neighborhood is a fun activity.  And it is snowing out right now. lol  

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Definately doesn't sound like fun.  I hope you all recover quickly!!

Quoting usmom3:

Nope we have sick kids so the only fun we are having is in the house!

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I understand the being broke and having to work part-time while home schooling.  Luckily I went in for the evening shift and only worked 5 hours.  I hope find something soon.

Quoting starbeck96:

Nothing much at all. We are so very broke..lol. I can't wait for our tax money to come in....

I will be working on the getting the rest of tne kids' chool stuff ready. I am trying to get everything printed out and in folders according to lesson numbers since I
am looking for a part-time job.

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I'm asthmatic too, and cold weather usually gets the better of me.  We happen to live in central Fl where it is beautiful out and about 72 right now.  I will let my kids play outside and wish some warm weather and sunshine on your neck of the woods.

Quoting KickButtMama:

It's too cold to leave the house much, especially for my eldest who has asthma. So I'll be planning what to do for our co-op classes this weekend, and I'm crocheting a large doily for my step-mother, and I haven't done much on it this month, so I'll probably work on it as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN