Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Who has something fun planned for today or maybe even the weekend?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are going to see Dr. Dolittle at our local Rep theatre.  My kids are super excited and then we will go to lunch and come home to just have a pretty relaxing day.....except that Mommy has to work once we get home.

Tomorrow we are going skating like we do every Saturday and have to be there super early and Sunday we have been invited to a picnic.

Anyone got anything fun going on today or over the weekend?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (21-26):
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Thank you. DH is self employed in drywall and it is dead here. He has worked 2 days since christmas eve. He is also in school, gives guitar and art lessons, andvolunteers at the local middle school. So we decided the best thing would be for us both to look for part time work, working opposite each other. I may go to Burger King to apply for part time job. I have an associate degree in accounting, but so far all jobs like that require experience. We also live in a small town, so there just are not many jobs available.

Quoting coala:

I understand the being broke and having to work part-time while home schooling.  Luckily I went in for the evening shift and only worked 5 hours.  I hope find something soon.

Quoting starbeck96:

Nothing much at all. We are so very broke..lol. I can't wait for our tax money to come in....

I will be working on the getting the rest of tne kids' chool stuff ready. I am trying to get everything printed out and in folders according to lesson numbers since I

am looking for a part-time job.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Walnutgrovefarm
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I envy all of you who are getting snow....we haven't had much yet in our area. Our day was Math and Language then reading. Fridays are always our short day. Then we do whatever we want the rest of the day. If it's nice we go horseback riding or spend time exploring the farm. Today is nice so we'll spend some time outside. Have a good weekend everyone.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Today was just the same old same old. School, chores, etc. Except I ended up with a nasty headache and hit the couch for most of the evening.
Tomorrow the kids want to play in the snow we got today, while I catch the house up from today.
Sunday we are going for a hike on 7.5 wooded acres that we are considering purchasing. The kids can't wait! Oh and hubby mentioned taking us out for dinner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM

It's too cold to leave the house. But the kids and DH are going to organize our storage area (a downstairs breezeway near our chest freezer). I will be making a billion printouts for our co-op this week - ill be teaching the skeletal system for Anatomy class, tensile strength for Physics class, and for Camp Halfblood we will be making shields. 

And, I'm STILL crocheting my step monsters doily, which she neglected to tell me would be big enough to be a table cloth...grrrrr.

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Yesterday we went to a local aquarium.  It is a small place but great for the kids and they have an amazing sea lion show.  The facility is an aquarium, research center, and sea turtle, whale and dolphin hospital.  The boys were so excited to get their picture taken with the sea lions, and my littlest one was given a smooch by one of them before we left!  :)

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM

our plans changed drasticallydrastically....the library event was cancelled, but hubby still took me to see Hansel and Gretel. today we went to Sweet Frog for desert. a little girl not my kids swim team was in a car accident around Christmas and has brain injuries. there was a fundraiser at our local store where 10% of your purchase went to an account set up for her. best reason ever to get ice cream :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN