Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I don't homeschool my daughter yet, shes not even 1 yet but i'm trying to prepare and figure out exactly what we are going to do. I was homeschooled from 7th til i graduated highschool. My grandmother just rented the books from the school district and did it that way. I would like to use an online program and i  think i like the k12 program but besides watching there videos and trying the sample lesson i know nothing about it.

Did anybody else do it?

What did you like /dislike?

How much did it cost you to get the books and stuff to get started?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Replies (11-11):
LoriAlane8
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:47 PM

We use K12 and have from 2001. We love it. My oldest is in her last semester and just got accepted to the University she was hoping to go to. I think K12 has prepared both of my children for anything they want to do with their future. The curriculum is awesome. We started out using it as direct consumers as we lived in a state that did not have virtual charter schools. The curriculum might not be cheap but it is not near as expensive as private school and it is awesome curriculum with everything you need (except the basics like paper, pencils, gule, etc.). The kids are not in front of the computer all the time but what they do on the computer is well thought out and very engaging. And the improvements I see every year makes me wish I had little ones coming up through the ranks! When the kids were little and worked more directly with them, I was amazed at how much I learned. I am not a liscensed teacher but the curriculum is so well put together by expertes of that subject that, even though I was doing 1st grade, 2nd grade, etc., with them, I learned so much. We eventually moved to a couple of different states which offered Virtual Academies who used the K12 curriculum. I enrolled the kids and have loved the experience! Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN