Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Full-time RV living and roadschooling

Posted by   + Show Post

We seriously want to do this.  It's been our crazy dream for years now to give it all up and live in an RV full-time, traveling, care-free, exploring our world, "roadschooling" the kids.  We go between wanting to live in an RV to wanting to live in a houseboat lol.  Of course money is the biggest issue....how would we support ourselves?  Does anyone have any crazy dreams that you feel are just beyond your reach?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Replies (41-43):
birthymom4
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:13 AM
We are buying a conversion bus this year.

Don't spend your life dreaming! If it's important to you, DO IT.

We already started donating our stuff, and we are paying off the last bit of our debt with our tax return! We won't be traveling constantly, that will come after we get a good amount of money saved to cushion us invade of finance trouble.

once we are "free", we will travel to festivals and renaissance fairs.

LindeeS
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:03 PM

You are so right about the stress factor!  Being home more just creates different stresses, being a mom is just plain difficult whether you're a full time working mom or a SAHM!

Channell07
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM

That stinks! In general he can sign any IBEW book and work from their local.  We have a lot of people working here in ohio from states all over  because it is such a union friendly state and there a lot of big construction jobs happening here.  Actually my DH is currently working on the largest project in North America.  Sad that he is 4.5 hours away to do it =(

Quoting KickButtMama:

Huh, when DH graduated from his HVAC school I thought of doing the same...but apparently he can't work in the field outside his own state.hed have to go through the full 18 month certification course for every new state he wanted to work in. Major bummer!

Quoting Channell07:

We have talked about doing this for a year.  My DH is a Union Electrician so he would sign books as we entered towns and work from there for short calls (1-3 weeks) and then we would move on.  I would like to but we own our home and have 3 large dogs.  If only we could find someone to rent the house I would be willing to travel with the dogs. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)