Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hi everyone!

This may have already been touched on a million times, but I need ideas on organization!

I have a small room that we use as a school room...it also doubles as our dining room.

I would love to see pictures and hear ideas on how to make a small room organized enough for school!

What organizational items do you use? What do you do with your child's school work after he/she is done with it?

Thanks in advance!! :)

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Replies (11-16):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM

LOVE THIS!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Here is the last thread on this ... I know mine hasn't changed too much from those pics...

The only thing different is that I added a time line that goes across the wall from DD's desk (starts by the tall bookshelf) and goes the length of the wall above the loveseat.

Sorry it's such a small segment of the timeline- but I have to use my phone as my camera is broken and I wanted to show the detail not just a stripe on the wall.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

This is our school area. It's a wall in my daughters bedroom. We do school in other areas too but this gives a home to everything school related.
As for as worksheets, I have a binder, divided into subjects, that I put them in. For projects we take pictures and eventually we get rid of the project since we are so limited on space.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I have a small room designated to school. We have 2 bookcases, a desk with a hutch, tons of bins. I'll post pics when I get home.
amirah827
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Good Evening-
My lil one is starting Kindergarten soon and this is her corner she has a white table with (4) colored chairs. I have a small.cabinet I keep in my room with her supplies. I bought my daughter a large folder from Lakeshore Learning that she puts her daily work in. I also buy posters from teacheresource and the Dollar Tree to get my banner. Make it colorful and.fun!! Good Luck
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM

here is what I use that has helped the most.  I am currently working on turning our shchool room into a library.  My books are out of control.

Our papers were out of control.  I have one row and my kids have a personal row.

I use these for my kids individual subjects so my books shelf stays neat and organized.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM

We have our dining room set up for school as well, but mostly it's for storage of our school items. I have 2 bookcases, and a meTal rack (like a book case) for the billion books I have. So each child has their own book case with the metal one being teaching materials and reference books. I have a dressure in there for some craft supplies, and a cubbyhole bookshelf thing that holds 9 baskets - botch of tHese for crafts supplies and science materials. I also have a small bookcase (one intended for bathrooms) where I keep  our rarely used workbooks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN