Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking to homeschool my son, where do I start?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and found this forum that is right up my alley.

I would like to have my son home schooled starting next Sept. by then he would be entering the 8th grade. I decided on this because of bullying issues that have been non stop since the fourth grade. and sorry to say the education system has failed us in this part. So I just feel I need to protect him as well restore his well being  and find nice children he can develop a friendship . So this being said, if there are any mother's that can offer me advice where to start that would be great. and thanks in advance, also sorry for the run on sentences bad habit.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JenieceMojica
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I have been homeschooling my 3 kids for 2 years now. i am an open book so ask me anything lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Welcome to the group. Ask all the questions you want & I bet we can help you out!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I suggest you start with your state laws regarding HSing.

Then, consider the styles of homeschooling that are out there and available.   Ask questions of current HSers... maybe even join a HS group in your area and go to a few meetings or a convention or something.   Some of the groups offer help in the form of lectures, classes, presentations, etc... for new HSers...

giovanni700
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Thank you lady's for your welcome and your advice. I am going to look into the homeschooling groups in my area, and see if I can talk with someone. and I am sure I will have tons of questions to ask you all. the afternoon duties are calling, but I will check in sometime tommorow. talk to you all soon!

romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I am a home school workshop leader, and get asked this question a lot.  So I posted the following  free web page to answer the most common questions:  How To Home School

oredeb
by debbie on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM

learn your state law like the other moms suggested   http://homeschoollegaladvantage.com/resources/homeschool-laws-by-state

while your learn and looking what to get to homeschool son deschool him!

QueenCreole313
by Julia on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Welcome! I'm a new homeschooler but it has been the BEST decision for my entire family!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)