Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What activity would you like your child(ren) to learn?

Posted by   + Show Post

What activity would you like for you child(ren) to learn if you were able to let them learn anything they wanted?  

undefined

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes thats what we're trying to organize

Quoting Pukalani79:

Have you looked into the First Lego League? http://firstlegoleague.org/

Quoting KickButtMama:

Same here, we're looking into starting a Robotiics HS'ers club.

Quoting jen2150:

Robotics.  Parts are so expensive.  We will get there eventually.  My son loves engineering and robitcs.  He is taking computer science this year and has a real knack for it.  He has a real applitude for Mathematics as well.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I had the same idea but apparently, my kids don't. lol  We bought a guitar but it isn't being used but my my hubby. Which for me, is fantastic as he is an awesome guitar player.  :)  Or any intsrument for that matter. 

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I would love for them ALL to play at lest one instrument. At least to have the basics of reading music.

So far they have all taken music lessons - at least briefly.

However the guitar instructor that Ds2 had did mostly playing by ear and playing whatever they wanted and didn't focus on sheet music.

DD has tried taking piano, and wants to, but the group lessons at the Learning Center aren't agood fit for her. I think she has ADHD like her older brother and can't focus ESPECIALLY with the noise.

DS1 played trumpet for about 2 years. He learned the most of the three of them.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM

My boys make robots and are constantly trying to make their own pc boards and the like. They will use or kype what they need from around the house or buy the parts. Sometimes they even will try and build the piece(s) they need.  As for mathematics, all of my kids have an aptitude for mathematics.  Not something  they inherited from me, unfortunately. 

Quoting jen2150:

Robotics.  Parts are so expensive.  We will get there eventually.  My son loves engineering and robitcs.  He is taking computer science this year and has a real knack for it.  He has a real applitude for Mathematics as well.  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Well, since they are all grown, I would say that you are probably right. :)  

Quoting oredeb:

hmmmm i still thinking! i think theyve done every thing they and i  wanted them to do so far

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I'll take the piano and the horback riding but will leave the ballet for those who are limber. My kids are not that limber.  :)  

Quoting OneDay.:

Piano, ballet, horseback riding.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM

football ignorance here, but what is dressage?   

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

football & dressage or showjumping.

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM

dressage is actually "dancing" with a horse. Very beautiful & elegant. It's an olympic event & some riders actually train for the three day event, dressage, show jumping & eventing. I love horses :)

Quoting kirbymom:d

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Any specific type of music or just any type?  I loved when we went to music class in grade school. It was a big disappointment when they closed the class down.  

Quoting coala:

Music.  I want them to both learn to play an instrument and read music.  Those were some of the best experiences I had as a child.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Ahhhhh ~  Like I said, my ignorance is showing.  lol   That would definitely take some learning, for both the rider and the horse.  Then, them both working together.  

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

dressage is actually "dancing" with a horse. Very beautiful & elegant. It's an olympic event & some riders actually train for the three day event, dressage, show jumping & eventing. I love horses :)

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Thank you for the video.  :)  

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN