Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What activity would you like your child(ren) to learn?

Posted by   + Show Post

What activity would you like for you child(ren) to learn if you were able to let them learn anything they wanted?  

undefined

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM
We were doing piano bu took a break. Learnjng music is important i personally feel. My oldest is also in karate, a lego class, soccer and a pe class
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Okay. My ignorance is showing again. What is a lego class?   

Quoting Precious333:

We were doing piano bu took a break. Learnjng music is important i personally feel. My oldest is also in karate, a lego class, soccer and a pe class

undefined

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:29 PM
There is a company in our area that uses legos to teach. My son is in a motorized lego class that builds objects that move. Its pretty neat.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Precious333:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM

That is  neat. As well as pretty nifty.  :)  That class would come in handy for learning how mechanics can work.  

Quoting Precious333:

There is a company in our area that uses legos to teach. My son is in a motorized lego class that builds objects that move. Its pretty neat.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Precious333:

undefined

elizabooks
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Quoting kirbymom:

She's 41/2. Way too young fir the computer repair, but when DH takes apart the spare ones to rebuild it she is there watching. He has given her some pink tools and spare (broken) parts and let's her put them together. We are looking at this simple electronics kit we saw on wimp.com but it is very expensive.
I do illumination and copperplate (badly now as I have injured by wrist, my brush painting has also gone down hill) . As soon as her pt is done we can work on her hand control and I was told that calligraphy will help. My friend knows various styles and wants to pass the skill on ( she is 80).
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I too have heard that Calligraphy is very goood for hand dexterity. I think that your friend is sweet to want to teach your daughter.  You don't find that type of friendship or just plain neighborliness, in abundance much anymore. 

Quoting elizabooks:

Quoting kirbymom:

She's 41/2. Way too young fir the computer repair, but when DH takes apart the spare ones to rebuild it she is there watching. He has given her some pink tools and spare (broken) parts and let's her put them together. We are looking at this simple electronics kit we saw on wimp.com but it is very expensive.
I do illumination and copperplate (badly now as I have injured by wrist, my brush painting has also gone down hill) . As soon as her pt is done we can work on her hand control and I was told that calligraphy will help. My friend knows various styles and wants to pass the skill on ( she is 80).

undefined

blueyedbaker
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I want to learn piano, and I'd like my girls to learn also. I have someone who is willing to teach us but my girls do not want a man teaching them. That's something the need to get over!

Jlee4249
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM
All of my children will learn one martial art, one foreign language, one musical instrument, and an artistic outlet (dance, acting, painting, sculpting, etc). They will also have a familiarity, at least, of computer programming and auto repair--the basics, of course! :)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I used to feel the same way at that age too. :)  I used to try and teach myself piano when I was a kid but it progressed to the point that I really needed someone else to show mw how to do some of the lessons and we just couldn't afford for me to take any lessons then.  

Do you like classical or mdoern? or do you have a preference?  

Quoting blueyedbaker:

I want to learn piano, and I'd like my girls to learn also. I have someone who is willing to teach us but my girls do not want a man teaching them. That's something the need to get over!

undefined

blueyedbaker
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:18 PM

No preference yet. I just want to be able to sit at the piano and play song. And I want my girls to be able to do the same.

Quoting kirbymom:

I used to feel the same way at that age too. :)  I used to try and teach myself piano when I was a kid but it progressed to the point that I really needed someone else to show mw how to do some of the lessons and we just couldn't afford for me to take any lessons then.  

Do you like classical or mdoern? or do you have a preference?  

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)