Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Sad

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Next year we will be finishing up all there is to my favorite science program - Ellen McHenry. It'll be bittersweet in this house, lol.

Unless, of course, she decides to make a physics program - which would thrill us to no end.

*sigh*

I was making my curriculum list for next year when the realization hit me; next year is it for us and this program... at least until my next in line is old enough for it.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Time to find a new favorite.  :) 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Easier said than done, unfortunately, lol.

I love Behold and See series from Catholic Heritage Curriculum, but they haven't a grade 7 text out. Other than that, it's difficult to find a solid old earth friendly science curriculum in the homeschool market that isn't full of multiple books and scattered (like NOEO).

Bah humbug. We'll probably move over to Kolbe Academy after next year for science (since they write lesson plans and home friendly experiments for secular public school texts).

Quoting kirbymom:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Why don't you piece together your own Science curriculum?  

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I love Behold and See series from Catholic Heritage Curriculum, but they haven't a grade 7 text out. Other than that, it's difficult to find a solid old earth friendly science curriculum in the homeschool market that isn't full of multiple books and scattered (like NOEO).

Bah humbug. We'll probably move over to Kolbe Academy after next year for science (since they write lesson plans and home friendly experiments for secular public school texts).

Quoting kirbymom:

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Not really my cuppa. I've tried it in past years and it simply isn't something I care for. I like to work within a curricluum (for specific subjects).

Quoting kirbymom:

Why don't you piece together your own Science curriculum?  

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting kirbymom:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Ack! I can only imagine how stressed at the idea y'all must be, as I know you have your idea curriculum style now. Deep breaths & good luck! 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting kirbymom:

oredeb
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM

what about using apologia??they have physics

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)