Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kids are soooo easy to please!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 0 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was so stressed this past week, teaching 3 classes at co-op can really stress me out I guess..lol.. So I was struggling to come up with an awesome and fun concept/experiment for the kids in my advanced science class to do. I finally threw up my hands and settled for Tensile strength. I lugged about 30lbs of books and dumbbells to school broke the class into 2 teams and told them to determine the tensile strength of 3 eggshells and 1 length of size 10 crochet thread (as its women thread and stronger). They ended up having a blast finding ways to Not break the shells and still determine their strength. They ended up using the books - seeing how many books 1/2 an eggshell could hold before crushing - and they speculated on the microscopic cracks that might have led to the failure. One team even meticulously pulled the inner 'skin' out of the shell to see how it affected its stability! Man I gotta learn to relax and realize kids are really easy to please....especially if you're allowing them to break something! Lol

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)