Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

College - Is it a priority?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know that we have asked this question in the past,  but I think it needs repeating since we have some new members in here.  

Is College a top priority for your child(ren)?  

What schools are a possibilty?  

undefined

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Replies (81-86):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Well Hi there.  :)   is College something you talk about in general, not at all or just as an occasional talking point?   

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

Nope... if DS wants to go to college, he can go. If he don't, he is not expected to.

Hippie.Gypsy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM

He'll only be 7 in a couple days, lol... no it hasn't really been brought up yet.

But when it comes up I am gonna tell him it is completely his choice, if he wants to go and learn things taught there or get a degree in something he loves, then great... if he doesn't want to and wants to make his own way in life, that is awesome too.

Quoting kirbymom:

Well Hi there.  :)   is College something you talk about in general, not at all or just as an occasional talking point?   

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

Nope... if DS wants to go to college, he can go. If he don't, he is not expected to.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww ~  Well Happy Birthday to him!   

I would say then that he has a few years yet before he even has to think about College.  :) 

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

He'll only be 7 in a couple days, lol... no it hasn't really been brought up yet.

But when it comes up I am gonna tell him it is completely his choice, if he wants to go and learn things taught there or get a degree in something he loves, then great... if he doesn't want to and wants to make his own way in life, that is awesome too.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Thank you and yes the T's and K's were done on purpose. My Hubby name is Kenneth and mine is Tamara :)

Quoting kirbymom:

And they are all so beautiful too.  Were the T's and K's done on purpose?  :) 

Quoting SuperMommy408:

I forgot to add their names!!

Tatyanna 18

Kentiria 16

Kendal 8

Taylor 7

Kennedy 5

Quoting SuperMommy408:

I actually have 5 daughters. I only homeschool the 3 youngest and my 2 older daughters are 11th and 12th grade in public school and are doing great. My 11th grader is going to college to be a doctor and my 12th grader is going to college to be a engineer. My 5,7 and 8 yr old don't quite know what they really want to be they say a ballerina and other little cute stuff! !

Quoting kirbymom:

from your profile picture, I am gathering you have 3 daughters. May I ask what their names are?  What do they like or are interested in?  

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Yes college is a big priority!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM

That is so neat. I love when families are like this. :) 

BTW ~ I have a daughter named Tamariah Topaz.  

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Thank you and yes the T's and K's were done on purpose. My Hubby name is Kenneth and mine is Tamara :)

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Tatyanna 18

Kentiria 16

Kendal 8

Taylor 7

Kennedy 5

Quoting SuperMommy408:

I actually have 5 daughters. I only homeschool the 3 youngest and my 2 older daughters are 11th and 12th grade in public school and are doing great. My 11th grader is going to college to be a doctor and my 12th grader is going to college to be a engineer. My 5,7 and 8 yr old don't quite know what they really want to be they say a ballerina and other little cute stuff! !

Quoting kirbymom:

from your profile picture, I am gathering you have 3 daughters. May I ask what their names are?  What do they like or are interested in?  

Quoting SuperMommy408:

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks and that's a cute name:)

Quoting kirbymom:

That is so neat. I love when families are like this. :) 

BTW ~ I have a daughter named Tamariah Topaz.  

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Tatyanna 18

Kentiria 16

Kendal 8

Taylor 7

Kennedy 5

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)