Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is it possible...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

not to buy a curriculum? I have subscriptions to enchanted learning, abcteach, and a few other sites. Do you think it is actually possible to teach home school with just sites on the internet? I buy a curriculum every year but there is so much out there and all I would have to do is print it off what I need. What do you think? Has any one not purchased books or currirulum and just used the internet?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DesireMM
by Desire' on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I have done 4 yrs of printing my own worksheets and creating my own lessons plans. It is very possible.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Yes I believe so, if we didn't unschool I would do that instead of buying a boxed curriculum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I have never bought a curriculum since starting homeschool way back when.  :)  I write my own curriculum as do a few others in this group.   It isn't as difficult as it first seems when you first start to write your own.  It just takes a little more faith in yourself and abilities and your child's ability to learn from you.  

oredeb
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:11 PM

oh yes its possible!! ive done it for years! i keep every thing in a large file!

blueyedbaker
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Thank you this makes me feel so much better. I thought I had to buy some kind of curriculum to make sure I covered everything. I think that is my only worry that I won't cover what I should be covering.

oredeb
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

blue heres a scope and sequence so you can get a general idea of things to cover, your states education website should have something also!

Preschool
Kindergarten
Grade Level 1
Grade Level 2
Grade Level 3
Grade Level 4
Grade Level 5
Grade Level 6
Grade Level 7
Grade Level 8
Grade level 9
Grade Level 10
Grade Level 11
Grade Level 12

blueyedbaker
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I'm in NY so with this new Common Core stuff it's kind of confusing. The school district doesn't have regular science or social studies class any more, they incorporate it with ELA. But it seems like I still have to have the same amount of hours for those classes as before the new standards. I should call the school (they have been very nice so far).

blueyedbaker
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Thank you so much this helps a lot!!!

Quoting oredeb:

blue heres a scope and sequence so you can get a general idea of things to cover, your states education website should have something also!

Preschool
Kindergarten
Grade Level 1
Grade Level 2
Grade Level 3
Grade Level 4
Grade Level 5
Grade Level 6
Grade Level 7
Grade Level 8
Grade level 9
Grade Level 10
Grade Level 11
Grade Level 12

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN