Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

math

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

Looking for a good 5th grade math with teachers manual to help explain fractions and other math.

In His Loving Arms

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Superkids.com

Click on math worksheets, then fractions. It give you tips on how to do the work. You can make all kinds of math work sheets too. I love this site!!!

oredeb
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

saxon!!

also a mom(nora) had this video on here a couple days ago for fractions!

from nora"

I found this video on you tube and had DS watch it, after that it just clicked for him, I had never been taught to do fractions that way so I was having him do it the long drawn out way and he hated it. This lady is over in London or some place near there, she has a book that I am going to get for him for our math.

She relates math to everyday things like dance moves, or with algebra she uses the sims game and relates it to a video game, it's really hard to explain but once you watch the vidoe you would probably understand. I really wish she would consider doing a whole video series of the lessons, and not just a couple on you tube. My son loves it and that's half the battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o32bnoLZaM

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I make my own so here is a bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I have tried many different math programs/curriculum through the years.  Always went back to ABeka.  It is by far my favorite.

THELMAandLOUISE
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Teaching Textbooks

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I make my own using various resources.  That's what works for us.  I have heard lots of good things about math u see.  

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I went to the library
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I write my own but here is a link to a search that has many good websites for teaching fractions.  :)  .........

http://search.yahoo.com/search?toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=avantsearch5&p=teaching+fractions

denmomof3
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM

We are using Teaching Textbooks this year for grade 6.  My daughter has learned quite a bit with it and she has picked up on fractions much better than when she was in public school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN