Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Math u see?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was looking at the program and it seems like the manipulatives will be useful. Is it worth the money? I have a hands on learner who loves numbers! He is 4 and we are ready to start working on new math skills, which is why I'm considering this. 

Anyone have experience with them?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I got the blocks, not the curriculum, but my hands on 1st grader loves them!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM

We lovethe blocks and the curriculum! All three of my kids have done well with the mastery program and have a very strong foundation.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

Mommy2Phenley
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I was so excited for it, but it didn't work for us. There was too much repetition for DD. she got bored with it every single lesson. I know it's great for many, but Singapore has been a much better fit for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I have heard good things and was considering it myself not too long ago. I'd check around and see if you can get it used, it's pretty popular.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Math U See was created by a home educator, and it is good. 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM

My 3 yr old is doing the primer right now. He hasn't had to actually use the manipulatives yet BUT he has enjoyed putting them in numerical order.  They have been helpful for my daughter and neighbor's daughter who are working on multiplication. I have 2 kids using math u see (different levels) and only need one set so far. I think they were worth it, and you probably won't have to buy the set again, making the next yr cheaper ;)

Honestly, with my little guy, he has counting down and we have been SPEEDING through the primer. We've only done one worksheet in each lesson and occasionally I have him work on a review section in the lesson. We're not that far into the book yet as we started probably a week or two after New Years, but I can see him finishing the primer when we finish our school year. 

We have been loving the curriculum from the two levels the kids have used thus far. The manipulatives have been helpful the times we needed them and I'm glad I got them originally :)

Clh1989
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Thanks for your reviews! I think I'll get it. Do you all recommend the instructor pack, or will I be fine with just the student pack and blocks?

Mellissa1990
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM

We love the blocks and the curriculum.  I have 5 children and am pregnant with #6 so I can use the curriculum for quite some time.  My BF says to spend money on anything I think will help them learn and make my job easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)