Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hi everyone, I'm new my name is Rochelle and I'm the Mom of Tristan and Grace... I actually pulled the kids from the public school where we are located due to me having to move back to Florida and I'm refusing to re-admit them even though my ex husband doesn't believe in HSing ... 

Tristan is 9 years old in the 3rd grade but I just don't feel he's up to par for his age, he's pretty good at math but he's very behind when it comes to reading and spelling.

Grace is 6 years old but she's developmentally delayed due to a genetic disorder she has and is the mentality of a 3-4 year old... 

I'm really excited though I feel as though there's SOOO many topics I can explore with the children that even though they're in different learning areas they can both still find learning in what we'll be doing... I plan on doing some curriculum along with some unschooling methods I told my son he doesn't have a choice about learning how to read or doing Math lessons. However, with that being said I asked him for different things he wants to learn about and he said the volcanoes,space,and sharks :-) .... 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Replies (11-14):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Hello and much Welcome to you.  :)  

As long as you are doing the best that you can and keep most of what you teach and they learn, then you shall be all right.  If you educate your children on the premise that you wany them to be as educated as they can possibly be and set out to try and accomplish this the best way you know how, then you are always going to be on the right track.   :)   And I am sorry that your having to figure things out alone. That isn't neccessarily a terrible situation, but it does make it a tough situation.  You may come to me for guidance and support if you are ever in need.  :)   

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Welcome to the group. I too am in Florida.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4two
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Thank you so much ladies... I'm VERY excited and nervous at the same time :-) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN