Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's ground hog day!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM
  • 12 Replies
Anyone else teaching about the groundhog and waiting for puxatawny Phil to make his appearance?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I totally spelled that wrong. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM

You totally did!  HAHA!  We taught it last night.  We also made little pudding cups for this morning with ground hogs in them.  (Really a cookie with almond pieces for ears and big teeth and mini chocolate chips for eyes.)

paris2lmp
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I totally forgot about groundhogs day!  How sad :0(  Guess we can talk about it briefly, but I work today and the kids are off to Grandma's for the night. 

blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM

We actually did it on Wednesday for the story hour I teach. My girls don't seem to care about it anymore. They kind of act like they are to big for it now.

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM

It's also Candlemas, St Brigid's Day and Imbolc!

My mom and I did some big housecleaning yesterday and this morning I did a doorway blessing/prayer.

Today is a great day to turn away from winter and begin looking to spring! Spring cleaning, renewal, new beginnings and rejuvenation are timely themes for this season. :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM

ooooh I am burning with curiousity over your Doorway Blessing/Prayer. I wouldn't mind if you talked about what it is you do...?  You can explain in a pm if need be. :)  

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

My mom and I did some big housecleaning yesterday and this morning I did a doorway blessing/prayer.

Today is a great day to turn away from winter and begin looking to spring! Spring cleaning, renewal, new beginnings and rejuvenation are timely themes for this season. :)

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Nope not here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

No problem. :) I found this little blessing somewhere and said it at each doorway of my house. I also took some lavender oil and used a drop to "paint" a triquetra on each door jamb.

May the Trinity bless this home

making it sacred and pure

so that nothing but love and joy

shall enter through the door.

And this is a triquetra:

Quoting kirbymom:

ooooh I am burning with curiousity over your Doorway Blessing/Prayer. I wouldn't mind if you talked about what it is you do...?  You can explain in a pm if need be. :)  

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Thank you.  :)  

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe that that symbol is a Celtic symbol ??   

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

No problem. :) I found this little blessing somewhere and said it at each doorway of my house. I also took some lavender oil and used a drop to "paint" a triquetra on each door jamb.

And this is a triquetra:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Yes, it's Celtic. Anthropologically, there's no specific religious meaning attached to a triquetra. It's also called a Trinity Knot.

You'll see it used by Celtic-influenced Pagans to represent the Three Crones or the circle of life, death and rebirth. There are any number of triple meanings that could be represented by a triquetra. I never watched "Charmed," but I understand it's a symbol they used, as well.

Christians use it to represent the Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Quoting kirbymom:

Thank you.  :)  

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe that that symbol is a Celtic symbol ??   

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

And this is a triquetra:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)