Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Time is Flying!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
I sat down to lesson plan for this week last night.
While I was at it I went a head and did the calculations to see when we would be finishing things up and moving onto the next grade.
We school year round. There is no real stopping point for us. If we finish a book we start a new one. Then when we take a break, it is just a break and we pick up where we left off.
Well I was looking at the kids' math books. Dd(5) will be done with her math in 3 weeks. Then she will be starting a first grade math. DS(7) will be done with his first grade math the second week in April.Then he can start 2nd grade math.
Seems like we just started these books a few months ago. As exciting as it is to see them finish these books and know we are moving forward, it is just crazy how fast it seems to be going!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hhhanna
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM

As we get older, time goes faster and faster.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I know what you mean!

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I read somewhere once (can't find it now or would share link) everything taught in traditional schools that take 12 years to learn actually only takes a few years by homeschoolers because the distractions & restrictions of the classroom don't apply to the homeschool setting.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I have seen something similar as well. :) very encouraging. Lol

Quoting usmom3:

I read somewhere once (can't find it now or would share link) everything taught in traditional schools that take 12 years to learn actually only takes a few years by homeschoolers because the distractions & restrictions of the classroom don't apply to the homeschool setting.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM

That is one of the perks of homeschooling. On the one hand, you do WAY more schooling but, on the other hand, You are done much faster than if you went by the schedule the public system is set on.  :)  

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Yay for your kiddos!!!!  That would scare me a little.  My youngest DD could move at a faster pace than she is going, but she doesn't want to pick up the pace.  LOL  I just move at her speed.  Seems like your kids are just getting it and flying right along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN