Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's for Dinner tonight?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is on the menu for tonight's meal?  

undefined

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
NightOwls
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM

We are having grilled chicken club sandwiches, french fries, broccoli, and apple salad OR pork chops, baked potatoes, broccoli, and apple sauce. Haven't decided yet.

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM

It is just the time of the month to hit the store.  I had rice, but no veggies, no meat and no potatoes.  I went tonight and picked up a few things.  Everybody wanted some fruit, eggs, brussel sprouts (my SO has been craving them) and picked up a few frozen stouffers meals (feel like a terrible mom, but we HAVE to eat).  Whatever it is, is kicking our butts.  I haven't used a frozen meal in almost a year.  I usually have enough left over to freeze.  I can usually make a meal on the fly, but when you are out of just about anything nutritious it gets a little more difficult.  Thanks for the suggestions though, I really appreciate them.

Quoting kirbymom:

Do you keep a supply of potatoe's and rice handy?  You can make a ton of meals with either one of those items. You should also try and buy a 10 lb. bag of chicken wings/thighs. With these ingrediants and flour and sugar, you have a ton of meals you can make. 

Quoting coala:

Since we are sick and I don't have much to cook or have the energy to go to the store.  I defrosted red beans and rice that I froze a few weeks ago.  It was good, but I am now out of things for tomorrow.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Lol ! You're welcome.  I just know how it is when it looks like you have nothing with which to work with and get any positive results.  Oh I couldn't begin to tell you how much knowledge I am privy to on that end. lol  But, I also know, you do what you have to do to make it happen.  So, you do not need to feel guilty about your  store bought frozen meals. Plain and simple. :)  

Quoting coala:

It is just the time of the month to hit the store.  I had rice, but no veggies, no meat and no potatoes.  I went tonight and picked up a few things.  Everybody wanted some fruit, eggs, brussel sprouts (my SO has been craving them) and picked up a few frozen stouffers meals (feel like a terrible mom, but we HAVE to eat).  Whatever it is, is kicking our butts.  I haven't used a frozen meal in almost a year.  I usually have enough left over to freeze.  I can usually make a meal on the fly, but when you are out of just about anything nutritious it gets a little more difficult.  Thanks for the suggestions though, I really appreciate them.

Quoting kirbymom:

Do you keep a supply of potatoe's and rice handy?  You can make a ton of meals with either one of those items. You should also try and buy a 10 lb. bag of chicken wings/thighs. With these ingrediants and flour and sugar, you have a ton of meals you can make. 

Quoting coala:

Since we are sick and I don't have much to cook or have the energy to go to the store.  I defrosted red beans and rice that I froze a few weeks ago.  It was good, but I am now out of things for tomorrow.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:51 PM

So is the belgian meat more lean then?  How's the price comparison?

Quoting mem82:

It's all in the meat. Americans tend to be a little on the fatty side and Belgians are more salty.

Quoting kirbymom:

What is the difference between American beef stew abd Belgian beef stew?  :)

Quoting No_Difference:

Tonight we had Belgian Beef Stew.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I baked the chicken made stuffing & mixed vegtables & gravy.

Quoting kirbymom:

Okay. So what did you decide to make?  

Quoting usmom3:

Something with chicken thighs. Still searching for a recipe that everyone will at least try.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, I made a bad joke. I have no idea what the difference is between the two.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting mem82:

It's all in the meat. Americans tend to be a little on the fatty side and Belgians are more salty.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting No_Difference:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM

LOL~  hahahahaha ~ I am so soft headed today! 

Quoting mem82:

Sorry, I made a bad joke. I have no idea what the difference is between the two.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting No_Difference:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Yay! Stuffing! Was it plain or did you make a certain type of stuffing?

Quoting usmom3:

I baked the chicken made stuffing & mixed vegtables & gravy.

Quoting kirbymom:

Okay. So what did you decide to make?  

Quoting usmom3:

Something with chicken thighs. Still searching for a recipe that everyone will at least try.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM

lol I dunno! that's what the recipe is called? lol!! It is made with a dark ale tho, so that maybe?

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting No_Difference:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM

lol That's okay. I was just curious as I have never had Belgian beef stew before.  

Quoting No_Difference:

lol I dunno! that's what the recipe is called? lol!! It is made with a dark ale tho, so that maybe?

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting No_Difference:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN