Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

That Moment...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
3 moms liked this
When you have hit a rough patch with school and then after a break/change/shift everything falls into place and you remember why you decided to homeschool in the first place. You fall in love with it all over again. :)
Um yep that would be me this week. :D

I see a lot of posts about being frustrated and read to throw in the towel. Hang in there..

Homeschooling is worth it! It really is!

Take a break, make a change, shift things around, do something different. The whole point of this is to enjoy our kids and learn along with them. Sometimes it takes a while to find the love for homeschool again when it fades..but it is so worth it!

Ok weird rambling/gushing over.
Hope everyone is having a good week!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

So glade you found your love for it again!

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I love to switch things up so they will most get boring to them move a subject at night on the weekend calling their grandparents about when they were a child when i can not get the younger ones to listen it is time for science class or read to.your younger silbings or the older two are measuring so i give the younger to get a ruler as well. Have the younger two write with older two. If they understanding do one on one to see what they know. If they are sick add on a day at the end of school do not count it against then. Find other ways if they do not understand something take a field trip. Have no snow days. My children want to be March or April done for that school year. What time do they want to do school. Play a game to understand something.
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I love to switch things up so they will most get boring to them move a subject at night on the weekend calling their grandparents about when they were a child when i can not get the younger ones to listen it is time for science class or read to.your younger silbings or the older two are measuring so i give the younger to get a ruler as well. Have the younger two write with older two. If they understanding do one on one to see what they know. If they are sick add on a day at the end of school do not count it against then. Find other ways if they do not understand something take a field trip. Have no snow days. My children want to be March or April done for that school year. What time do they want to do school. Play a game to understand something. Take a break or give them some work to do. Call hubby ask him to do math on him break.
Walnutgrovefarm
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM

When things get monotonous we take a break from the regular day and learn something completely different for a day or two. It makes it easier to get back on track and enjoy our routine again. Which is how I work. I love hs and knowing my child and getting to know all of his interests and dreams. I believe it is a calling for our family.

oredeb
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

good post lyndsay!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN