Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT- Circus!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Circus?

Options:

Think there is nothing wrong with using animals in shows

Think animals used like this is wrong

No thoughts either way

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

So, yesterday I went to the Circus. It was the 1st time for myself, husband, and children. We had such a Great time! We even rode Elephants :)

~> My question is, as we were walking in there were several animal rights activist with signs, etc.

I completely agree with animals being treated fairly, but felt this was the not the place to do this. Holding up signs is not going to stop a problem, only upset children wondering why the Circus is hurting animals : /

My thoughts have always been that isn't there laws and people who monitor these type of things to make sure the animals are being treated correctly? I would think this would be better time served for these protester's as well. You know start where there energy could do the most positive change, if change is needed.

What is your thoughts?

Do you think Circus's are abuses to animals?

Have you or would you go to a Circus?

Thanks! I just been thinking about this today and made me wonder how other like-minded persons viewed this issue ;)

Keri ~ A Homeschooling Mom who is a Student too! ~> A College Student that is !  ;')

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
IMO~ The majority of those working with animals are fair, use humane trainingmethods and kep the animal's best interests at heart.

That said, there are people everywhere who are more concerned about their own income and livelyhood than that of their animal partners and they do abuse animals. Theyare the exception, not the rule.

I have gone to and will continue to go to the circus.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

if they cant be sent back to the wild give them something to do!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as the animals are healthy and treated well, I don't see the issue.

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the people training the animals.  When we went to the circus you could see the sadness in the Elephants eyes...it was heartbreaking.  They are such smart animals and when you see that with ALL of the animals it makes it hard to go back.  We haven't gone back since.  If the animals are sad then how are the people being treated as well?

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the other comments. It absolutely depends on the trainer and those caring for the animals. I have been to circuses where you could tell the animals were having fun and enjoying themselves, and others where the animals seemed kind of depressed and that was hard to watch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)