Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Five in a Row?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

Anyone have any experience with Five in a Row? I'm thinking of using it with one of our daughters next year. I'd welcome any thoughts, insights, experiences, pros, cons, etc.... We are planning to supplement with Singapore math and possibly Noeo science (she is REALLY into science).

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM
My friend likes 5 in a row. We use singapore and like it. Van cleave experiments (i think thats what they are called) we use and like.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I have heard of it and want to give it a try this summer with both of my girls.  There are a few mom's in our local group that use and swear by it.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I looked at it, and it looks good. Have you checked your library to see if you can peek at it first?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pmcrittersmom
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I use Five in  Row as a fun supplement.  We have fun reading the books together, the guide has wonderful information in it and we get to explore subjects we may not have otherwise.  It is not the main part of our curriculum though.  We borrow books on their reading list from the library when possible.  I think its strength is in expanding our world to include the past,  far off places and different lifestyles; in a way kids can understand and relate to. 

MammaG08
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Good program, but I had a very difficult time finding most of the books through my local library system. So you may want to check that out first; how many books would you have to purchase yourself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)