Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother-in-law is paying.....

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter was pulled out of PS after finishing 3rd grade. (As well as my twin sons who had finished K5). The main reason was because the district wouldn't listen to my concerns about one of my sons. He has dyslexia. My daughter was tutored for fluency. She missed out o recess and some other activities as well. Anyways, fast forward 3 yrs. She has wanted to go back to school since taking her out. Over the weekend my mother-in-law told her (not in our presence ) that she would pay for her to go to a private school. This happens yo be the school we were going yo send her to until we found out were were having twins. It's a good school and she would be happy. We go to church, but there aren't many kids. None her age. She's wanting to play sports, too. What to do, what to do......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Replies (21-22):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I think you have two different issues to deal with here...

1.   Is the obvious boundary stomping of the MIL when she thinks she can make these decisions with your daughter instead of bringing the offer to you.

2.  Is whether you want to stick with homeschooling, but maybe add in more extra curricular stuff... or if you would consider your MIL's offer.

They overlap, but I'd say make your decision about number two first, then figure out how to deal with all of it.

ScarletRose4488
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

If it is a good school and MIL is gonna pay then I say give it a try.   It may be great for her and they may take care of your kids needs much better than the public school.   GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)