Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Poll

Question: Which of these science curricula do you prefer? Please feel free to elaborate below.

Options:

Noeo

Singapore/My Pals Are Here

Real Science for Kids

R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey

Other (Please describe below)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
oredeb
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM

i selected real science for kids, great program, easy to read, the kids loved all the experiments, i even did the older grade book with the younger kids, they loved the experiments!hahah

another one i really like is apologia!! one of the best ones out there1

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM
We have Elemental Science which I like, but we don't really use it because we end up wondering off into whatever the kids are interested in. We LOVE science here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never used any of those. I am personally a big fan of Apologia Science. :)
MamaDearie
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I had never heard of this one. I just Googled it and it sounds really interesting. Decisions, decisions... lol.

Quoting rsrangel:

We have Elemental Science which I like, but we don't really use it because we end up wondering off into whatever the kids are interested in. We LOVE science here.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

vamom21
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
We are using Apologia Zoology Text. It's a big hit over here . There are tons of online links for each lesson which bring the text alive. Ongoing projects through each lesson include "Map it" and "Track It" which has the child keep a journal of what countries each animal family is from, and a journal of animal tracks. My kid loves it.
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't even heard of most of those.  We LOVE Apologia.  Our younger kids are going through together, and our high schooler is using their high school curriculum.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Our younger kids are in Astronomy right now.  We  also bought the notebooking journals, which I think are a great resource.  They even come with a lesson map!  We really love it, and it's very interesting and attention holding.  Next year we'll be into Botany, and our highschooler will move from Biology to Chemistry.  I am keeping the books as resources so they will have them as they get older, and the high school books they will all go through.

Quoting KrissyKC:

We've always just went with whatever was at hand.    I want to try switching to Apologia next year.

Anyone use this?

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Aren't the journals great?! 

Quoting Brooked18:

We are doing botany right they have textbooks and journals my ds 7 do we are using the junior Journal

Quoting KrissyKC:

We've always just went with whatever was at hand.    I want to try switching to Apologia next year.

Anyone use this?

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I also wanted to mention, shop around.  There are several places where Apologia sells for quite a bit less than on their own site.  Sometimes you can catch a sale at Mardel, or cbd.com usually has good bargains.  It was actually cheaper there (cbd) than anything I found on ebay last week!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Anyone use this?

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Thanks for the tip!   We don't live by a Mardels anymore  ((pout pout))... but I do check out their stuff online, too, and sometimes get back to Kansas City and visit family so we can actually go to the store.

Quoting TigerofMu:

I also wanted to mention, shop around.  There are several places where Apologia sells for quite a bit less than on their own site.  Sometimes you can catch a sale at Mardel, or cbd.com usually has good bargains.  It was actually cheaper there (cbd) than anything I found on ebay last week!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Anyone use this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN