Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

South Carolina Homeschool moms!

Posted by   + Show Post

To All Home Schoolers

On Tuesday, February 5th, Representatives Brannan, Anthony, Horne and Jefferson introduced H3478 in the SC House of Representatives.
This bill would require ALL home schoolers to take state approved standardized tests, would require SCAIHS and all third option groups to report NAMES, not numbers, to the Department of Education each year and would eliminate ALL third option groups effective July 1, 2014.
The bill is currently in the House Committee on Education & Public Works. If this is a bill that you think should not be passed (!!) please call your representative and let him/her know. Please be polite and calm.
You can read the bill for yourself at www.scstatehouse.gov/sess120_2013-2014/bills/3478.htm.

If you have any questions, you may call or email the SCHEA office.

South Carolina Home Educators Association
PO Box 2707, Irmo, SC 29063
www.schea.net
schea1@schomeeducatorsassociation.org
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Replies (11-12):
momtomiles
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Why wouldn't they have to take the state test? How are they held accountable if they don't?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM

This proposed bill was thrown out, just an fyi.

And many states do not require standardized tests.

Quoting momtomiles:

Why wouldn't they have to take the state test? How are they held accountable if they don't?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)