Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Cannot get Motivated to save my life!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello my name is Rebecca I'm a Teen Mom, I'm 20 and my daughter is 5. I am finishing my Diploma in the 11th grade through ECOT well I don't know what it is but I cannot get motivated enough to do assignments from where I'm not behind. When I first started last year I skipped a grade cause I was on it all the time... Does anyone have a suggested tip that'll motivate me and get me out of this funk I'm in?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Hi Rebecca!

I am a former teen mother (I'm 28 now). Congrats on earning your diploma.

Do you have any insight into WHY you aren't feeling motivated to do your work? Are you doing this on your own or do you live with your parents (in other words, is anyone there to help you with your work or give you some encouragement)?

I might suggest you visit a forum I have in mind for you, send me a PM and I'll give you the link. This particular forum has many self educating adults, some seasoned teachers, and seasoned homeschool moms.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mizz_jonez8956
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM

No I live with my Boyfriend and daughter and there isn't no one around to helo me with my schoolwork or encourage me so that could be the reason. I'm also going through a lot right now we lost our jobs and trying to make ends meet somehow but with chid support sucking us dry on our daughter its hard and they won't let me stop it

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, its just one of those things you have to do. If neither of you are working, get up and go to the library every day to work. Treat it like a job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM

are you also homeschooling your daughter?

mizz_jonez8956
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM

No she will be in Kindergarten this year I definitely want her to be involved with other children I'm home schooled only because I'm too old to go back to High School I graduate from this next year the deadline age is 22. And as soon as I get a laptop I will definitely go to the libarary that's an excellent idea it'll be peaceful and will motivate me lol. The laptop I'm working on now is crappy and the battery is bad so it wouldn't really be portable

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a teen mom and I graduated from ECOT too.
I understand not being motivated at times when doing your school work online.

Maybe try designating a certian time frame to get things done each day. That's what I had to do and it worked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Hello mizz_jones. Welcome to the group!  :) 

Kudos to you for hanging tough and doing this. That alone is commendable. :)  So proud of you!  

Motivation, huh?  Well, do you play any music, in the background, that you like, while you are studying?  Sometimes, in order to motivate myself through my day, I have to get some of my most favorite music, play it and start singing to it while I do my chores or help do some school work with the kids. Also, now you can't laugh, I will even make some funny sounds just to lighten the mood. You know, yodel a bit loudly a few times and make a tune out of it. lol  My 4 year old thinks that is the time to start mimicking me too. You should hear the two of us! LOL example...la la laaaa,  la la laaaa(high tone)....la la laaaa....la la laaaaa( low tone).  Do this a few times and I swear your mood will lighten up a bit!  

I would also recommend doing what mem suggested and go to the library every single day and treat it like a job so that your body feels like you must go there even though your brain knows other wise.  It's a great way to trick the brain into doing or thinking something it doesn't want to, at first. Because if you do this e few times, your brain will act like it is a habit that you have been doing for longer than you actually have.  Oh I could tell you lots of stories that would make you laugh so much. lol  You also need to tell yourself something positive everyday, even if you don't want to.  If you change your thinking, you will change your attitude.  I promise.  :)  

You can do this you know!  You haven't given up yet.   Just look at how much you have already accomplished.  :)  

mizz_jonez8956
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Thank you ladies so much! I will definitely try those! I've worked so hard and I need to continue doing so. This will all pay off in the end!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)