Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My dd has always struggled with her school work. She is in public school, wish I could pull her out, but won't happen this year for sure. Anyway we had a meeting this morning with her Special Ed teacher and we decided to pull her out of it since it seemed she wasn't getting any real help anyway, it was more of a study hall for her. What I am most concerned about is her reading & spelling.. I would say she is maybe at a 5th grade level... Can you suggest websites, games.. anything that I can do with her at home to help her improve?

Thanks!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Replies (11-12):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Hi violet! Welcome to the group.  :)   

What I do is have my kids read books they are interested in first. Then I will pick some words from that story and have them as spelling words with definitions and memorization. Then, I will write down specific questions about the story and have them answer them.  Then we will discuss the story and talk about what they liked and what they didn't like. It usually turns into a great day when they have one of these days.  lol   I will even have them write a report on their story and give the pros and cons. 

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)