Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you use/used MFW can you give me some advice?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm struggling to figure out what curriculum to use next year.   I want a laid out preplanned curriculum.   I'm using Bob Jones online this year, and my son is super bored wtih it.   I will have a 3rd grader, 1st grader, and a 2 year old next year.   So the appeal of combining my kids with My Father's World looks good. 

My oldest is very bright.   Some say MFW is too light.   If you've used it, can you give an opinion?   I also looked at Sonlight, but it just looks like more reading than we would like.    My son likes readin, but he also likes activities so MFW seems to do both.

My other option I found was the complete curriculum packages that Timberdoodle sells.   They look pretty good as well.

It's so hard to decide, and I know I dont have to stick to any one curriculum year after year....but with having 3 kids it sure would be nice to find something I like that I can reuse!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lucsch
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Well, your kids are too young right now to combine them with MFW. You would probably use MFW Adventures with the 3rd grader, MFW 1 with the 1st grader, and your 2yo could keep busy with some educational toys.

I like the looks of MFW, and it would be my second choice for a boxed curriculum. I use HOD (Heart of Dakota) for my dd. You would use separate guides for the most part for each child. Your 1st grader would fit in Little Hearts or Beyond, while your 3rd grader would be in Bigger. You could combine them both in Beyond if you want to beef it up. I used it  for my 2nd grader and stretched Bigger over 3rd and 4th grade, so there is some flexibility in it.

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I'm thinking of Timberdoodle too now. I'm really liking their options. The only thing I am not sure of it their math selection. My son used Horizons this year . . .i might switch out their choice with Horizons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)