Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I think I found a science curriculum

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm looking at getting Great Science Adventures for next year for my K and 4th graders. I was just wondering if anyone has used this and liked it or not. There are many mixed reviews out there. I don't mind the prep work since I do it all before lesson one is started. My kids are into crafty things as well. If you know of any other science curriculums that are similar, I'm all ears.

http://www.commonsensepress.com/greatscience/default.htm

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I used it last year.  It was pretty fun for the most part, but very time consuming.  My daughter liked making all the little books and things, since she likes hands on.  I should have gotten more than just the one we did, which was the one on insects, but I wasn't going to have all those live ones around the house.  So it was a fun way to learn.

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I've never heard of it but I'm going to check out their site. I'm still debating on our science curriculum.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I haven't used them. But here's a bump. :) 

EnduringWon
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I don't know about that curriculum however my family used Sassafrass Science this year and my daughter is in 3rd grade. We did the Zoology one and it has been great. It fit in with the science we were already doing through Classical Conversations.

http://www.sassafrasscience.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN