Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Trusting my instincts

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I am Kathy, mom of 3 awesome children ages 14, 7, and 3.  I homeschooled my oldes for 2nd and half of 3rd grade, and now I am homeschooling my 1st grader and don't see me ever going back.  I regret not working out the kinks that motivated me to put my oldest back in public school.  We live & learn.  I get great strength from the support of my hubby and most of my friends, but face great criticism from my family.  I am tired of other people telling me what's best for my child when my instincts, or promptings I receive tell me otherwise.  I'm done with it.  I have learned a ton of information about how my kids tick and how to honor them as people from my new favorite book, The Child Whisperer by Carol Tuttle.  IT's only $17 on Amazon and seriously it is the parenting manual we all joke about that we wish our children came with.  It even helps me understand my husband a lot better.  Thanks for having this group for us to support and encourage each other.  Have a Happy day!

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

group hug

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome Kathy, so happy for you that you have found the path that is right for you & your family & are not afraid to go down it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome kathy! homeschooling is a way of life!!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I'm glad you followed your instincts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN