Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Caught you being good!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 6 year old is usually a pest towards his brothers and sister.  He is always picking at them, bugging them - it's a constant battle!  But occasionally I'll catch him doing something great and I love these moments with all my kids!!  Today, he saw his 4 year old sister was upset, brought her in her room, sat her on the bed, tucked her in and sat by her to read her a story.  It was really sweet!  Share what the last good deed or sweet act you caught your child doing without prompting or asking them to do it?  Maybe something that caught you off guard or happened when you least expected it to.....like mine did!

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Annastacialynn
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Thank you for the reminder to catch the kiddies being good. :) My son bothers my younger daughter quite often and I am always reprimanding him... I need to remember to find times he is good and then tell him. :)

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I do my 13 year old like that then he starts starts being a pest towards his brothers and sister again. When I try to praise for it and says great job or speak to his grandparents about and he walks in the room saying "Mom".

Oh yeah he is 13 year old he can not let his coolness out. LOL

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

What a great reminder that our kids are also good kids too.  :)

ripemango
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

that is SUCH a cute pic angel.aaawww :)

DD is 4 and kind of understanding death. She was talking to DH and said your Mommy and Daddy are dead? Are you sad? I have a Mommy and Daddy. You can share with me.

It was just so heartfelt, loving, and sweet. I was really proud to overhear that conversation between her and my husband.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

coala
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I can't think of anything at the moment....maybe.

My youngest was sharing my oldest's chair with herwhile she was still finishing her work on Friday.  She was showing her how to do 1st grade level work.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM

The other day the kids woke me with a perfectly made cup of coffee!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM

We found our car! Well, it was mostly my kids who did the shoveling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)