Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling or Parenting?

Posted by   + Show Post
Yesterday was one of those day..Winter is getting to everyone, we were climbing the walls. The youngest climbed up the book shelf, got the finger pain, finger painted my bedroom carpet, then wiped her hands on my bedding. The older two fought non stop and ended up in trouble. The brand new jug of creamer fell out of the fridge and exploded everywhere in the kitchen. The youngest climbed up the front of the washer (no joke, she doesn't even need a stool. She is 2 and is the size of a 1 yr old) got out my make up and dumped it. Of course it was the expensive stuff.
The house looks like a bomb went off, and every time I turn around there is a miss..a big mess.
*sigh*
It was just one of those days that I was lucky to get every to bedtime alive and healthy. Lol
I absolutely love homeschooling and being a SAHM, wouldn't change it for the world. It is what I always wanted to do growing up.
However, I often find myself wondering if days like that are normal for all mothers. You know...just normal parenting kind of bad days..or if it is compounded by the fact that we homeschool and are together 24/7?
Or maybe it is the fact that it is the dead of Winter?
*sigh*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Replies (11-17):
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Totally normal. I had my eldest in public school for pre k and k. Let me tell you what; my two at home were still climbing things, we still got cabin fever, I still had tons of messes to clean up and I had to make sure to get my eldest to school at the right time and pick him up at the right time. Once I got hiim home he was all hyper from sitting and doing work all day long and not getting enough exercise taht he was 20 X worse tehn he had ever been in his life.  Not to mention that he picked up delightful things from school mates (that is sarcasm). So it's typical of every parent, trust me, no matter homeschooling or public schooling.

JuicyRedTomato
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Totally normal!

We all have those kinds of days. Keep your chin up, things will get better once you can scoot them outside!

hugs

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Spring is right around the corner. Deep breaths!
When my oldest was in ps he was even more rambunctious on the weekends. So it's just one of those days.
oredeb
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM

hahahahah gee lyndsay i just dont know, ive always homeschooled!hahahaha and the kids always home!

quote:

"However, I often find myself wondering if days like that are normal for all mothers. You know...just normal parenting kind of bad days..or if it is compounded by the fact that we homeschool and are together 24/7?
Or maybe it is the fact that it is the dead of Winter? "

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM
See I don't know either. Lol we have homeschooled from day one as well. Just figured I would ask. ;)

Quoting oredeb:

hahahahah gee lyndsay i just dont know, ive always homeschooled!hahahaha and the kids always home!

quote:

"However, I often find myself wondering if days like that are normal for all mothers. You know...just normal parenting kind of bad days..or if it is compounded by the fact that we homeschool and are together 24/7?
Or maybe it is the fact that it is the dead of Winter? "

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Definitely a normal parenting kind of day. As homeschoolers, we do have the disadvantage of never really having an empty house so we can catch up. Well, at least not when they are young unless you have awesome relatives or friends. Lol! I have awesome parents, but they only take one or two at a time and I have three. They normally only take the oldest - the easy one who could help. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christie1952
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:04 PM

We have all had days when we wondered why!!! My youngest painted the walls with markers and climbed a tree then couldn't get down all in one day. Winter makes us all climb the walls, so take a break and go do something fun! It is worth it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)