Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

what Bible curriculum would you use for combining multiple ages?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am looking at what I need to order for nextyear ....and am wondering about any opinions you have on Bible Curriculums?  I am thinking of trying something new........and not sure which ones to consider.  I will have a 1st grader and a kindergardener.....(plus a 3 year old...but I am aiming at the other two for the most part).  What do you use, and what do you like and dislike about it?  (I am just looking for Bible ......I already have decided on the other subjects)  thank you :)

EnergyGirlbutterfly

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM

ive never used bible curr, we go over proverbs, learn memory verses, sing songs(learn to play them on guitar), for the older kids we talk about what we heard on sunday , talk about how it pertains to our lives, sometimes we read bible stories, learn songs

QueenCreole313
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM

We just read The Bible each morning and talk about the lesson. I try to keep it simple.  

oredeb
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

have you seen http://www.answersingenesis.org/kids they usually have some pretty neat and fun learning stuff

NoShame116
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM
ACE has a really good bible curriculum. I think the website is www.aceministry.com.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I like the basic foundations they offer in Rod & Staff... but I haven't used them, and the younger grades look a little simplified.

It focuses on reading and bible together.

We don't really have a curriculum because my kids learn so much in church, wednesday nights, and they practice daily for a half hour for their Junior Bible Quiz meets.   We also do random devotions and such.   Plus, it's part of much of our other curriculum.   My 11 year old knows more about the bible, I bet, than 1/3 of the adults in church.

The key point we are focusing on right now is telling the COMPLETE story of the bible.   How many times do we focus on DANIEL and the lions, NOAH and the ark,  RUTH the faithful queen, etc...  When the real plan is to pull it all together and say... Look what GOD has done... and is doing...   to get them to see and know the whole picture from each story and to include that God isn't finished, and that WE are part of that great story...

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:46 PM

We don't use a curriculum for Bible, but I did go to the christian book store and picked up some great kids devotionals geared towards my kids ages and a couple Bible craft books.  We read those together, read the Bible, and make crafts occasionally. 

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I've been looking around too. I looked a bit at Bob Jones and it looks ok but I don't know if I want to spend even MORE money  lol

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Can you be a bit more clear about what denomination? Bible curricula, especially, differ very much in this regard.

For example, we're Catholic, so our bible curriculum tends to look a bit different than a protestant bible curriculum.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

ablessedlife
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM
For that level I like using discipleland level 1. It is a Sunday School curriculum and is very thorough. It also happens to cover many grade one social studies (citizenship) topics like family, community, work and occupations, etc. I did the kindergarten level by simply writing down their kindergarten syllabus and teaching the stories myself. The next year I bought the curriculum for grade one and used it without the student books. This time around, for my younger ones, I bought the student books and they are doing the pages.
The curriculum has many additional components. For example, memory verses, missionary studies, reading through one book of the Bible (called Swordwork), and online supplements (which I didn't do).
Find it at discipleland.com.
energygirl
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Can you be a bit more clear about what denomination? Bible curricula, especially, differ very much in this regard.

For example, we're Catholic, so our bible curriculum tends to look a bit different than a protestant bible curriculum.

Currently my daughter gets "Answers in Genesis" stuff in Sunday school, and her elementary age youth group talks a lot about missionaries etc.  She also goes to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) which is a nondenominational Bible study for kids and adults internationally....and I help her with her lesson and scripture memory for that each week.......I am fine with reading the Bible daily to her, but was curious what other folks were doing.  We currently go to a Bible church (nondenominational) but if we were to choose a mainline denom. it would probably be along the lines of Baptist as far as teachings and theology.   I guess I imagined you were all doing some sort of Bible curr. and I just didn't want to miss out :)  I know there are more detailed studies (from Christian book stores etc) for when my kids are older...

EnergyGirlbutterfly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN