Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you save

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 23 Replies
Your older kids clothes??? I have an 8 dd, 4 dd and an 8 month old ds. We are not done having children, I was wondering what other moms did with clothes that don't fit anymore
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Well since I have one boy and one girl I sell them when the put grow them. After I had my first I saved all her clothes since I wanted to have another but my second was a boy so I could only use a few things I saved. But since you have two girl I would save the oldest clothes for the youngest to wear when she is big enough. And since you want more kids maybe just save some of your favorite things for later. 

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Unfortunately, that is not an option..lol.

My two oldest are twins (boys) and wear pretty much the same size and my youngest is a girl.  We are finished having kids, unless God sees fit for us to have more since I had my tubes tied after my daughter was born.

shamrock_momma
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Save! My fist ds is 7 and my second ds is 2. I put everything the first outgrows that is still in wearable condition in a box with the size on it so I'll have some things for my youngest when he gets there.

Brooked18
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM
So my 4 year old dd clothes I should just save some that I like, keep the other two
kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I wou;d save a few things but then would *bless* someone else with needs, the rest of what you didn't need.

Eyez79
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I give them to the church and they set them out to be sorted through by the members or people that want them
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I've saved them.  Had 3 boys just far enough apart that they pass down almost immediately.  I've saved the stuff that is still usable for BIL.  They are soon going to need them!

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I would if I had the same gendered children in a row but my boys are 12 years apart in age & I only have one daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malley
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:10 PM
My boys are 3 years apart so I save the clothes that are in good shape.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM

We save them for the next child because I have two boys and two girls so everything comes out evenly. Then my youngest (who are twins)two have twin cousins that are ten months behind them and a another cousin that is a year and two weeks behind them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)