Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: My baby still has a migraine

Posted by   + Show Post

Day 5 of this migraine and though she does say it isn't as bad as it was, it's still there.  The doctor finally called last night (or should I say the nurse) and they are changing her meds and giving her some steriods.  Of course they do this at night and the pharmacy hasn't called to say it is ready and she can only take one of the pills at night, so there is a good chance she will have to deal with pain.  I so wish they would have had me bring her in and give her a shot to ease the pain.  It is unbelievable that she has dealt with this so long and has not really complained. Let's hope this medication is better than the last one.  The last one had side effects.  Hoping this one really works and not a "see if this helps" kind of medication.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Replies (11-17):
leighp1
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM

The neurologist takes 6 months because he is the only one in the area and infact he is the only pediatrician neurologist in the states surrounding us.  It is very frustrating.

Quoting JuicyRedTomato:

I would switch docs if it took 6 months to get in. That must be frustrating. Is this a neurologist? If not, has she been to see one? Have you identified her triggers?

Quoting leighp1:

medication is supposed to help with the migraines.  I am praying that these help.  I did get her an appt just in case, but unfortunately her doctor is not the one that deals with her migraines.  That doctor takes about 6 months to get in to see them.

Quoting romacox:

So sorry to hear that she is still suffering.  Is the medication causing her migraines, or is the medication for migraines?

swim-mom72
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM

SO SORRY!! Hope there is relief soon.

My youngest son gets them. His are usually triggered by overexertion and low blood sugar. Dramamine and caffeine have been known to help him.

wowguildmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I and my oldest suffer from migranes. his haven't been all that bad lately but I have been nearly out of commision with them more days than not over the past month that DH has brought in a friend as a helper who is good working with the kiddoes and helps me with the housework while I over see the lessons.

MamaDearie
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been suffering from migraines since I was a kid. I feel so bad for her! I hope she feels better soon. Finding the right meds is soooooo hard. And it can be just as hard to figure out what triggers them. I discovered that mine can be triggered by any chemical sweeteners (like Nutrasweet) and MSG so I can avoid those but they are also triggered by hormones and stress which is way harder to control. Hope this new med works for her! (((hugs)))

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I fell from the top of the basketball bleachers from the very top to the bottom. It didn't seem to hurt me at that time cause I stood up and shook it off, but after about a couple of months of unexplained pains and the worst headaches ever, it was suggested too my mother to take me to a chiropractor. Well she did  and we found out I had my colloarbone fractured slightly and had healed back slightly bent but not noticeable and my vertebrae were out all the way down to the very tip where it meets the tailbone.  He took over two hours to get me back in shape but I have very little unexpected pains now. And no more wished i were dead headaches either.  I was 11 at the time.  

Quoting romacox:

There are many causes for migraines.  But I use to have them, until it was discovered that I had a slight hard to detect curve in my back.  My daughters inherited the same thing, and a chiropractor showed us how to keep it adjusted.  None of suffer from migraines anymore. 

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Wow!  It is a good thing he was able to fix it.  My husband and I have had better luck with chyopractors than with doctors on things related to the back.  

Quoting kirbymom:

I fell from the top of the basketball bleachers from the very top to the bottom. It didn't seem to hurt me at that time cause I stood up and shook it off, but after about a couple of months of unexplained pains and the worst headaches ever, it was suggested too my mother to take me to a chiropractor. Well she did  and we found out I had my colloarbone fractured slightly and had healed back slightly bent but not noticeable and my vertebrae were out all the way down to the very tip where it meets the tailbone.  He took over two hours to get me back in shape but I have very little unexpected pains now. And no more wished i were dead headaches either.  I was 11 at the time.  

Quoting romacox:

There are many causes for migraines.  But I use to have them, until it was discovered that I had a slight hard to detect curve in my back.  My daughters inherited the same thing, and a chiropractor showed us how to keep it adjusted.  None of suffer from migraines anymore. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, us too. Although, I will say that at 16, I had a muscle spasm in my back that it didn't matter whether I moved or not, I was in some very intense pain and the doctor had to give me some muscle relaxants that were only in the trial stages at the time, to get rid of the pain. It took a month to do that and I couldn't go to school foe 3 of those 4 weeks. If I hadn't of taken them, I am not sure that I wouldn't have tried something nasty and drastic back then. So, I was extremely grateful to him.  :)  

Quoting romacox:

Wow!  It is a good thing he was able to fix it.  My husband and I have had better luck with chyopractors than with doctors on things related to the back.  

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting romacox:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN