Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Would you ever consider *not* homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post
What would entice you to send your kids to a school instead of homeschooling? Or would you ever? If so, what would the perfect scenario be for your choice of brick and mortar school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I don't think so, unless I died or something.... I can't work physically, so I might as well HS.

oredeb
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM

nothing could or would or has enticed me to send my kids to any kind of school

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I might consider it if certain things came into play. First I would only do it if my kids could go to a certain school because there's only 1 in our county that I'm comfortable with. Second I would only do it if I had to go back to work for some reason & was no longer able to stay home. If I was unable to continue giing my children  the education they deserved & had no other options. (but again there's the one school I'd be ok with.)

BabyFruit Ticker

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
We will do what is best for each child.

Most will remember my oldest wanted togo to PS this fall as a freshman. I made it happen in a robotics and engineering program I approved of. Once there, he saw it wasn't a good fit and returned home.

My middle school DS has learning disabilities and what I would call PTSD from his time in PS. I can't see him desiring to return to PS even thugh he only attended K and 1st grades. I'm doing all I can to get him to even consider college.

DD..I may send her butt soon...she has never gone and is very lazy. She trys to get out of everything and has a really bad attitude. Its awful, but it would let her see how good she has it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Only if I could afford private school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Ds is not keeping up with his homeschooling. Part of that is because of a change in his meds, but I told him if I switch him back to his old meds, and he cannot catch up by the time summer is over, he may have to go back to public school while I continue to educate his sister at home. He doesn't want to go back so he says he will do his best. I think he can catch up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM
If the little private school I went to in high school ever opened up again I would send my kids. It was like a one room school house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I have considered it. I would send my child if I felt like I wasn't doing enough at home!! Otherwise I will send them once they hit the 9th grade. Just because I homeschooled my 11th and 12th grade year they colleges wouldn't except my homeschool deploma. So I will send them to school so they can graduate with a deploma, so they wont have the same issue!!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM

In order to homeschool in the first place, I had to "promise" family that I would send the kids back to public/private school the next time we move, assuming we move to an area with good schools. Hubby will most likely be retired out of the army this summer and we're looking at different potential places with job offerings and the school systems around them, and so far I'm seeing they will NOT in ANYWAY be going to those schools lol. If we moved back to WI where I grew up, I'd be expected by both sides of the family to send the kids to those schools. (However, they already were very flexible with me and let me send my daughter for just extra curriculars the last time we had an extended stay there which worked amazingly.)  I think the only way I could rest easy sending them back at this point is if they leveled off. As in, they were at the same grade level across all subjects so they weren't struggling to catch up in one subject and being held back in another. My 3 yr old is working on some 1st grade stuff already. I'd have a hard time justifying him being in lets say K if he's at 3rd grade math.

I kinda find how I've flopped so drastically since I first started. When we first started homeschooling I was under the firm belief that once we moved, they'd go back...and now I'm really struggling with the idea of sending them back to a public/private school lol. High school is still open tho if that's what they want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN