Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you ever consider *not* homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post
What would entice you to send your kids to a school instead of homeschooling? Or would you ever? If so, what would the perfect scenario be for your choice of brick and mortar school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this

We just want what's best for our kids.  If we can no longer provide that as far as their education, then we will look for places that can. I'd be surprised if they go back to a traditional public school, and we can't afford private school.  Still, our county is surprisingly open to alternative methods of schooling and there are four alternative schools, one in particular that does not have a stigma attached.  We'd probably look into that if need be. 

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Only if my children wanted to go.  I don't see that happening anytime soon.  They are having too much fun and freedom homeschooling.  It would be a private school though that was able to meet their interests and gave them freedom to pursue their interests.  Do they have any lego schools around?  LOL

kttycat84
by Bonnie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Yes. I might put my kids back into public school after we get moved to another duty station in a few years. I definitely won't while we're still in San Diego though. My ideal school would be one with a small class size (20 or so students per teacher), with high test scores and involved parents.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I would send them if I felt like I was failing them too bad to fix it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM
My son would love a Lego school.

Quoting jen2150:

Only if my children wanted to go.  I don't see that happening anytime soon.  They are having too much fun and freedom homeschooling.  It would be a private school though that was able to meet their interests and gave them freedom to pursue their interests.  Do they have any lego schools around?  LOL

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't send my youngest to the local public schools, but last yr I seriously considered enrolling her in one of the online public schools. I also looked at a couple of private schools. The perfect B&M school would be a Sudbury School

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Nope, not anymore.  The situation would have to be dire for me to even consider it.  I love teaching my boys at home.

Ruthmom802
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I really don't think there would be anything to entice me to send my son to school. Though, at times it is tempting. ; )

My husband and I are convinced that God wants us to home educate all the way through high school. We love it! 

Mommy2Phenley
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Nope. I used to say I would if that ever seemed the better option for her. I suppose that's still true, but that being the case is so unlikely that it's really not considered an option. Things would have to change drastically for b&m school to be on the table. We're in this for the long haul.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabooks
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM
If we moved to another country with a better educational system like Taiwan, Singapore or Finland.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)