Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Yay the mid year review was good 2/13

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is in K and we had the mid year review with the Countypeople this morning. We are in Maryland.

It went really well and I even got to choose my own reward sticker for the reviewer's sheet. tee hee.

They look through your portfolio for samples of regular and continuous teaching in the 4 core areas and any electives.

Math, English, Social and Science are the 4 core.

I was a bit nervous but all was good.

I took in my digital cam to show pix of some of the field trips as well as PE stuff that we do at various places.

(We met face to face at the local library in one of the rooms set up for this. They do it over a few weeks so everyone in the county has a chance to come in and have the review done. Having the child present is optional).

Do you have mid year reviews with the county?

Or do you use an umbrella group?

or does your state not have any reviews?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM

makes sense!!! :)

Quoting usmom3:

The notice of intent is only if your child is attending a public school already & then you only have to do it the one time & never again after that.

QueenCreole313
by Julia on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Great job!! No reviews in Delaware thank God!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:36 PM

thanks...

and that must be nice

do you all have to file any notice to the county that you will be homeschooling ?

Quoting QueenCreole313:

QueenCreole313
by Julia on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Delaware is one of the easiest states. I filed online that I would be homeschooling. I got an approval letter back within a week. The only thing I have to submit is our attendance for the year in June. As long as I have 180 we are good.

Quoting aneela:

thanks...

and that must be nice

do you all have to file any notice to the county that you will be homeschooling ?

Quoting QueenCreole313:

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:47 PM

ha ha so whats the point of the attendance?(im asking in general)

i mean anyone can SAY they did 180 days or whatever it is...not like they are SEEING any work from the 180 days....

guess they just want a way to still be able to have some sort of communication

Quoting QueenCreole313:

Delaware is one of the easiest states. I filed online that I would be homeschooling. I got an approval letter back within a week. The only thing I have to submit is our attendance for the year in June. As long as I have 180 we are good.

QueenCreole313
by Julia on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM
That's what I thought! I'm not complaining though. Less stress for me. I do live the freedom to so our own curriculum.

Quoting aneela:

ha ha so whats the point of the attendance?(im asking in general)

i mean anyone can SAY they did 180 days or whatever it is...not like they are SEEING any work from the 180 days....

guess they just want a way to still be able to have some sort of communication

Quoting QueenCreole313:

OneDay.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I'm in DE too, I am wanting to homeschool next year. Would you mind telling me where online to find the forms? I saw one that you had to mail in, but doing it online would be more convenient.

Quoting QueenCreole313:

Quoting aneela:

thanks...

and that must be nice

Quoting QueenCreole313:

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM

its more of a nuisance lol...oh well...as you said...you have the freedom to teach without having anyone over your shoulder :)

Quoting QueenCreole313:

That's what I thought! I'm not complaining though. Less stress for me. I do live the freedom to so our own curriculum.

QueenCreole313
by Julia on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM

http://www.doe.k12.de.us/infosuites/schools/Nonpublicwebpages/formspage.shtml

Good luck! Let me know if you need anything else. Message me if you'd like!

bether89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM

We use an umbrella group and do not have reviews at all.  I live in Alabama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)